DCI Hall of Fame or Shame???

Vent all your frustrations about the drum corps activity and propose your solutions

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

DCI Hall of Fame or Shame???

Post by Malibu » Thu Jul 24, 2003 7:08 am

Have you really taken a close look at all the inductees from the beginning? Did you notice how many NON guard people there are AND how many women they have selected?
To me it's ashame that people who have contributed so much to the drum corps activity over the years are not recognized. Surely people such as Scott Chandler, TJ D. (both instructors for Blue Devils) Denise Bonfiglio, Peggy Twiggs (inventer of many guard moves used today) Shirley Whitcomb (WGI Diva) Maria C., April G. and many many others who are worthy of such fame.

Come on DCI quit choosing the "good 'ole boys" or your "best buddies" and give credit where credit is due! :frust:

OK, I'll step down off of my soapbox now. :roll:
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Marianne
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Marianne » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:15 pm

Very good soapbox to stand on Malibu! I wonder if a polite letter of inquiry to DCI, asking why so few guard people/women are inductees? You could play :blonde: and say you are just so confused, cause you always thought the guard was an intrigal part of the corps!
Marianne
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis: 1984
Trooper Aunt: 2005

Jazzman
All Star
All Star

Post by Jazzman » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:51 pm

A serious question - Who is it that actually nominates and then votes on the candidates?

I agree there are deserving women who have contributed greatly to this activity. Maybe you should start a Brass Roots, er Grass Roots campaign!!
Regards, Jazzman

GWFrog
All Star
All Star

Nominations...

Post by GWFrog » Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:46 pm

Howdy!

Mal :blonde: ibu...
I am not 100% certain... :hum:
But I think that anyone...
Can make nominations...
To the DCI Hall of Fame...
You might shoot DCI an email...
To find out for sure... :wink:

'Til later... 8-)
GWFrog 8-)

Life is a test, then you die and find out whether you passed or failed.

No matter what you listen to, most people don't like your music...

cavies79
Support Staff
Support Staff

hall of fame or shame

Post by cavies79 » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:26 pm

Another person that I feel should be in the hall of fame is Marty Hurley, former percussion instructor/ arranger for Phantom Regiment. He is not colorguard, but has been overlooked time and time again.

Regarding colorguard, I feel there should be more inducted. A couple of other names include Sal Salas (Madison/ Spirit/ Glassmen/ Statestreet Review) and Greg Cesario (Garfield Cadets - 1980s).

Dennis 8-)