Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: American Idol
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:13 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

I have watched a few of these shows and I must say, what was American thinking when they booted Chris off? I mean the guy has American Idol written all over him! To think Katharine and Taylor are still hanging around makes me wonder if there is more going on than we know about! Even the judges said she should be the one to leave. To be honest, she should have been gone along time ago!
Taylor doesn't strike me as the "American Idol."

I hope Chris gets a record deal that out sells the last remaining contestant! :?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: :(
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:43 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Sadly, it is all up to the voting. What concerns me is, can people really be that into someone who girates like he has tourette's or can't remember the words to a song?

It's too bad that this was it for Chris. On the upside, some record company is going to pick him up (if they haven't already). And since he won't be stuck in the confines of the "American Idol" contract, he will be free to do what he wants.

But for now...I will just be cranky about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:53 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Imagine the upsets if DCI were to let the audience vote on a winner. :shock:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: American Idol
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:33 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
I have watched a few of these shows and I must say, what was American thinking when they booted Chris off? I mean the guy has American Idol written all over him! To think Katharine and Taylor are still hanging around makes me wonder if there is more going on than we know about! Even the judges said she should be the one to leave. To be honest, she should have been gone along time ago!

I hope Chris gets a record deal that out sells the last remaining contestant! :?

Chris is a mediocre singer. Better than Katharine or not (which he isn't) he is, at best, the 3rd best guy there.He did have a lot of star quality at the beginning, but has lost more of that luster each week.

Even with Katharine's nerves and slip ups here and there, it is obvious she is a MUCH better vocalist than Chris. She sings circles around him, even when she is not at her best.

Also, the judges are more at fault for getting Chris booted than anyone else. They have given him undue praise week after week, while dogging Katharine out when she was amazing. America is not stupid (well sometimes we are hehe), but I think the judges caused America to turn on Chris.

From here on out, I like all three and it will not matter to me who wins.

I hate that this happened to Chris, but I was laughing heartily last night watching the judges jaws hit the floor. They have done everything they could to assure Chris as their winner this season, and I am very happy to see their inconsistent, back-handed plans backfire on them.

As you can see, I am an Idol junkie.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I watch too
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:48 am 
All Star
All Star

Taylor is like your spaz crazy uncle that drinks too much at family occasions.

:lol:

Post subject: Re: I watch too
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:56 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Terri1957 wrote:

I agree! He looks too old to be an American Idol! More like a Senior Idol who sings in night clubs.

He looks a lot like Jay Leno. :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:59 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
Terri1957 wrote:

I agree! He looks too old to be an American Idol! More like a Senior Idol who sings in night clubs.

. . .but he still sings sooooo much better than Chris! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: American Idol
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:01 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

TXMystreaux wrote:
Malibu wrote:

Chris is a mediocre singer. Better than Katharine or not (which he isn't) he is, at best, the 3rd best guy there.He did have a lot of star quality at the beginning, but has lost more of that luster each week.

Even with Katharine's nerves and slip ups here and there, it is obvious she is a MUCH better vocalist than Chris. She sings circles around him, even when she is not at her best.

Also, the judges are more at fault for getting Chris booted than anyone else. They have given him undue praise week after week, while dogging Katharine out when she was amazing. America is not stupid (well sometimes we are hehe), but I think the judges caused America to turn on Chris.

From here on out, I like all three and it will not matter to me who wins.

I hate that this happened to Chris, but I was laughing heartily last night watching the judges jaws hit the floor. They have done everything they could to assure Chris as their winner this season, and I am very happy to see their inconsistent, back-handed plans backfire on them.

As you can see, I am an Idol junkie.

The times I heard her sing I wanted to cover my ears. She sings out of tune. Taylor had pitch problems with one song a few weeks ago. Remind you, I haven't watched every episode.....especially when it comes on the same time as LOST.
Chris just looks and sings the part as an American Idol. I do know my state is cheering for Elliot, but to me he looks too timid for the part. I had to laugh at the time when he made Paula cry! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:03 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

TXMystreaux wrote:
Malibu wrote:
Terri1957 wrote:

I don't konw about that! The times I've watched Taylor did not impress me. He has problems with the lower register. Perhaps he should be more cautious of the ranges he has to sing in.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:11 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
TXMystreaux wrote:
Malibu wrote:
Terri1957 wrote:

I don't konw about that! The times I've watched Taylor did not impress me. He has problems with the lower register. Perhaps he should be more cautious of the ranges he has to sing in.

As far as looking the part, I think the show should be 99% voice, and 1% look. Chris does look the part, but in my opinion he has a so-so voice. You can turn the radio on right now and hear tons of guys just like him. . .and I do not mean that as a compliment.

Taylor is very old school, night club kind of guy, but would be such a fresh approach to the current mainstream that we hear on the radio.

Elliot is kind of the same in that he seems to have an "old soul". I don't think he truly fits into what we are used to hearing daily on the radio. . .and I think that is a great thing.

Katharine is probably one of the purest voices the show has ever had on there. In my opinion, when she is at her best, she is in a league all by herself. EVERY single pro who has come on the show to work with the idols has said the same thing about her.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:49 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

An then there were two! OK so whose is going to be the next American Idol?
To be honest, I dislike both but I would rather see Katheryn get it. Taylor looks too old to me but since he has not been in the bottom AND rumors have it that they really would like to see a male singer get it......he may be the next. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:22 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
An then there were two! OK so whose is going to be the next American Idol?
To be honest, I dislike both but I would rather see Katheryn get it. Taylor looks too old to me but since he has not been in the bottom AND rumors have it that they really would like to see a male singer get it......he may be the next. :roll:

Its more than a rumor. . .just watch the judges (especially Paula and Randy) when they make comments about the contestants. The female contestants have been held to completely different standards all season than the male contestants.

Did anyone hear Taylor's rendition of "You Are So Beautiful" last week? It was absolutely horrible and all three judges said it he had done a great job. Katharine sang "I Believe I Can Fly" and was fantastic aside from a couple of notes and she got bashed.

Katharine has an uphill battle to win. First of all she has at least 2 out of 3 judges against her, and secondly, those who had been voting for Elliot will probably now vote for Taylor.

We shall see. . .but I will be shocked if Katharine wins, even though she is the best singer there.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:20 am 
All Star
All Star

I think this year's top five is the strongest top five they've had. I think each of them has some marketable strengths and appeal and a good chance to sell some recordings.

Since nobody here has mentioned the one I think has the most talent, I'll do it. If she can stay healthy, and particularly avoid the key traps to too-young stardom of alcohol and drugs, I think she's going to be very successful: Paris Bennett. Chris for me was a close second. Katherine's been inconsistent-- really good with some material, not so good with other stuff. I agree with you, TX: she was very strong on "I Believe I Can Fly" and I don't even like the original recording of that song but she got ripped. Katherine's been good enough where she's strongest so that I think with the right producer, she could be very successful. I like Taylor a lot. Elliott has shown real ability as well. The one thing you can never tell with Idol contestants, since the show keeps making them sing stuff that appeals to Baby Boomers like me for some reason, is how well they'll do with original material once they're out on their own. Can they write? Or can they or their producer find writers who write well for them?

The Chicago Tribune just ran an article updating recent Idol finalists, what they've done since leaving the show. The writer had a chip on his shoulder, I thought, kind of making fun of most of the finalists for not becoming and not deserving to become huge stars. But many of them have been cast in Broadway shows or tours or as actors on TV, or released CDs and had at least some success. The writer seemed oblivious of how hard it is to even get a record contract or work in any professional performing music career. I thought the group of previous finalists as a whole had done better than I would have predicted and had at least had some benefits from being on the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:15 am 
All Star
All Star

Resume Hut wrote:
I think this year's top five is the strongest top five they've had. I think each of them has some marketable strengths and appeal and a good chance to sell some recordings.

Since nobody here has mentioned the one I think has the most talent, I'll do it. If she can stay healthy, and particularly avoid the key traps to too-young stardom of alcohol and drugs, I think she's going to be very successful: Paris Bennett. Chris for me was a close second. Katherine's been inconsistent-- really good with some material, not so good with other stuff. I agree with you, TX: she was very strong on "I Believe I Can Fly" and I don't even like the original recording of that song but she got ripped. Katherine's been good enough where she's strongest so that I think with the right producer, she could be very successful. I like Taylor a lot. Elliott has shown real ability as well. The one thing you can never tell with Idol contestants, since the show keeps making them sing stuff that appeals to Baby Boomers like me for some reason, is how well they'll do with original material once they're out on their own. Can they write? Or can they or their producer find writers who write well for them?

The Chicago Tribune just ran an article updating recent Idol finalists, what they've done since leaving the show. The writer had a chip on his shoulder, I thought, kind of making fun of most of the finalists for not becoming and not deserving to become huge stars. But many of them have been cast in Broadway shows or tours or as actors on TV, or released CDs and had at least some success. The writer seemed oblivious of how hard it is to even get a record contract or work in any professional performing music career. I thought the group of previous finalists as a whole had done better than I would have predicted and had at least had some benefits from being on the show.

Paris was/is wonderful! I think had she had a couple more years on her then she would have made it further.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Simon says
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:47 am 
All Star
All Star

Taylor will win. I still think he's like your spaz drunk uncle at your cousin's wedding but people find something endearing about him.