Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Must Continue...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:59 am 
All Star
All Star

I know I will likely get 'in trouble' for continuing this topic in another thread and that it will likely be closed and/or deleted, but I don't feel I had an opportunity to defend myself.

First, to Michael. I did not make my statement that I think all of our moderators do a good job including Kevin just because I often agree with Kevin's perspective. I very rarely agree with Dave's perspective when it relates to non-DCI issues; but I still think he is a fantastic moderator and manager of this forum. Yes, Kevin presents his opinion in a way that sometimes is more blunt than Dave, and yes, there are occasions where I think he has gone 'too far', but more often than not, I don't think he has. So yes, I still stick by my statement that I think all of our moderators do a fantastic job.

Second, to MB3 (sorry, I do not recall your name), I was the orginal poster of the 'Seattle Cancels Tour' thread. I was about to email Dave or Malibu or Kevin and ask that the thread be separated since it had obviously gone way off track when it had already been done. I think most people saw the humor in Kevin's re-titling of the thread b/c that is what most people would think the thread was about given the angry comments directed toward Mr. Hopkins. I don't think the title was meant literally but more of a way to lighten the mood.

Lastly, to Bill. I'm sorry that you feel I have gone on a 'tangent' with my opinions; I honestly did not intend it that way. I do my best on here to maintain a level of integrity and to listen to other's points of view. I respect everyone's opinions on here, but if I don't agree, I speak up....just as others who do not agree with me do.

My statement to you about your insecurity with a lack of god was not expressed as I meant. I am fully aware that you are secure of with your faith, and I respect that. What I meant is that I think you have an insecurity with people like me who do not believe in a god. I don't understand why presenting my views on organized religion are a 'tangent'. Just like your expressions of faith on here aren't tangents, my expressions of lack of faith are also not tangents...its my opinion, my point of view in the debate. Also, placing the blame on me for going off the original topic is not correct....that was done well before I started commenting.

Topic moved here by Malibu

Post subject: Re: I Must Continue...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:17 am 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
First, to Michael. I did not make my statement that I think all of our moderators do a good job including Kevin just because I often agree with Kevin's perspective. I very rarely agree with Dave's perspective when it relates to non-DCI issues; but I still think he is a fantastic moderator and manager of this forum. Yes, Kevin presents his opinion in a way that sometimes is more blunt than Dave, and yes, there are occasions where I think he has gone 'too far', but more often than not, I don't think he has. So yes, I still stick by my statement that I think all of our moderators do a fantastic job.
Topic moved here by Malibu

. . .and I stand by my statement. If Kevin adopted the same attitude against a cause or belief dear or important to you, you would feel the same as many of us do. It bothers me that you can't see that, or are not willing to admit that. It should be more about the method in which someone carries things out than the subject matter involved. Trust me, if he were acting the same way in a manner "against" you and your beliefs, I would be standing against him along with you.

Profile E-mail