First post.

Post test messages, annouce your arrival on our scene, or just say "Hi"

Moderator: The Moderating Team

JSki78
New Recruit
New Recruit

First post.

Post by JSki78 » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:50 am

Hi everyone that happens to read this. My name is Jason Thomsen and I've been an avid reader of this newsgroup. It just took me a while to actually become a member of this newsgroup. I was a member of the The Cadets from 99-2000 and aged out in 00.
I'm attending the Salem VA show on the 31st and plan on posting a review for it, for those interested(I know that theres many out there like me hoping to see more show reviews!!).

Marianne
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Marianne » Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:12 pm

Welcome to Sound Machine Jason! I'm glad you signed up. Now make sure and stick around and post like crazy! :)
Marianne
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis: 1984
Trooper Aunt: 2005

surfers71
New Recruit
New Recruit

I am new too!

Post by surfers71 » Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:44 pm

Hello there! My name is Fawn (real name LOL) I was a member of the New London Surfers from CT. 1968-1978. We now have a strong alumni association with non-profit status. We have formed a new corps in Southeastern ct. called the 7th regiment! We are presently recruiting and gathering up equipment and financial backing. Check out our site:surfersdrumcorps.org and 7thregiment.org.
Anyhow we hosted a show, Drums along the thames this past June 30..which turned out to be a huge success..being that we haven't had a show here in 20something years. A real blast for those of us who love drum corps and don't often get the chance to see one in our backyard! :D
We just want to get the community here behind us and get the kids out there enjoying what we had many moons ago!
Anyone with pointers on corps government, staff and financial matters would be helpful.
Thanks for letting me ramble!
Oh by the way, the Surfers won the 1971 class b World Open Championship, anyone out there remember that year..and maybe where I could get a hold of music from that show..I would appreciate it!
:!:

Dave B
All Star
All Star

Post by Dave B » Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:06 pm

Welcome aboard, Fawn! Always pleased to have another shining face... uh,... avatar on the message board. Um. Name. New name on the message board, since you don't actually have an avatar yet. ^_^;

So, anyway, while I stumble completely over my language skills, WELCOME! :D
SPC Dave Ballard
Crossmen '87 - ' 89

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: First post.

Post by Malibu » Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:39 am

JSki78 wrote:Hi everyone that happens to read this. My name is Jason Thomsen and I've been an avid reader of this newsgroup. It just took me a while to actually become a member of this newsgroup. I was a member of the The Cadets from 99-2000 and aged out in 00.
I'm attending the Salem VA show on the 31st and plan on posting a review for it, for those interested(I know that theres many out there like me hoping to see more show reviews!!).
Welcome Jason!

So, you marched with my friend Chris G.?
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

JSki78
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JSki78 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:03 am

Malibu,
Yes I did. Actually we went to college together for a while, but he transferred(If this is the same Chris G. that lives in Chesapeake). We took my car to get to camps in '00. Havent heard too much from him since I graduated this May.