Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First post.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:50 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hi everyone that happens to read this. My name is Jason Thomsen and I've been an avid reader of this newsgroup. It just took me a while to actually become a member of this newsgroup. I was a member of the The Cadets from 99-2000 and aged out in 00.
I'm attending the Salem VA show on the 31st and plan on posting a review for it, for those interested(I know that theres many out there like me hoping to see more show reviews!!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:12 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Welcome to Sound Machine Jason! I'm glad you signed up. Now make sure and stick around and post like crazy! :)

Trooper Aunt: 2005

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I am new too!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 6:44 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hello there! My name is Fawn (real name LOL) I was a member of the New London Surfers from CT. 1968-1978. We now have a strong alumni association with non-profit status. We have formed a new corps in Southeastern ct. called the 7th regiment! We are presently recruiting and gathering up equipment and financial backing. Check out our site:surfersdrumcorps.org and 7thregiment.org.
Anyhow we hosted a show, Drums along the thames this past June 30..which turned out to be a huge success..being that we haven't had a show here in 20something years. A real blast for those of us who love drum corps and don't often get the chance to see one in our backyard! :D
We just want to get the community here behind us and get the kids out there enjoying what we had many moons ago!
Anyone with pointers on corps government, staff and financial matters would be helpful.
Thanks for letting me ramble!
Oh by the way, the Surfers won the 1971 class b World Open Championship, anyone out there remember that year..and maybe where I could get a hold of music from that show..I would appreciate it!
:!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2003 8:06 pm 
All Star
All Star

Welcome aboard, Fawn! Always pleased to have another shining face... uh,... avatar on the message board. Um. Name. New name on the message board, since you don't actually have an avatar yet. ^_^;

So, anyway, while I stumble completely over my language skills, WELCOME! :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: First post.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:39 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

JSki78 wrote:
Hi everyone that happens to read this. My name is Jason Thomsen and I've been an avid reader of this newsgroup. It just took me a while to actually become a member of this newsgroup. I was a member of the The Cadets from 99-2000 and aged out in 00.
I'm attending the Salem VA show on the 31st and plan on posting a review for it, for those interested(I know that theres many out there like me hoping to see more show reviews!!).

Welcome Jason!

So, you marched with my friend Chris G.?

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:03 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Malibu,
Yes I did. Actually we went to college together for a while, but he transferred(If this is the same Chris G. that lives in Chesapeake). We took my car to get to camps in '00. Havent heard too much from him since I graduated this May.