Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi DCI fans everywhere
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:51 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Hi all thought it was about time i posted my first message,i have long since aged out and as there is no senior corp activity in the UK,i have to get my fix from you guys in th US.Sadly the drum corps scene over here is getting smaller and smaller,give it a few years and we will only have 2-3 top corps left,anyone know why in the US its going from strength to strength but over here its a dying art.Sorry if i have offended any DCUK fans i dont mean to knock the activity I myself and my brother both marched for 10 years,i just feel a little sad and jealous when i see what you guys are achieving and being able to witness without a hefty flight across the water :crying: :crying:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:19 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Welcome antonsnare! It may seem that drum corps here in the U.S. is thriving when in fact it's not as strong (as far as the number of corps competitng) as it once was 20+ years ago. I will say this year did seem to take a turn as far musical taste for the better. For a long time it seemed like blaring notes with accented drums were the norm.....just for the sake of drill.

Many kids from the UK help fill out ranks in the top 12. One of Glassmen's soloist this year came from the UK. When I marched there were two guys from England travailing with us taking notes. I'm sure it's very expensive for you guys, but what a way to see our country! :wink:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:17 pm 
All Star
All Star

Welcome Antonsnare!
With a high percentagae of both high schools and colleges/univesities that have bands in this country, there are thousands of young adults available for the brass, guard, and percussion sections of Drum & Bugle Corps.
The sad part is that hundreds who audition for one of the "top" corps, if they are not picked, just don't march at all with anyone.
Dan Kelly

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." BF

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:12 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Helloo there (: I'm new
I couldn't agree more. I am only in my 3 year of knowing about the amazingness of Drum Corp, and I would really like it to be as big in the UK as it is in America. Right now you are probably thinking that I have no idea what im talking about, considering that I haven't been in a Corp for that long, but I have never had so much intrest or determination about something like this in my life ( again -with no offense-probably not as long as yours :oops:). I really do have a passion for it. I can't wait till I get to see DCI live for the first time!!!!!! Phantom Regiment and Carolina Crown are my favourite corps and I am very happy to see that PR have finally got what they deserved for putting on a jaw-dropping show ( from what I have seen/heard). There win has been the highlight of my year so far (: ( i realise that you posted 4 years ago btw.

Profile E-mail