Post test messages, annouce your arrival on our scene, or just say "Hi"

Moderator: The Moderating Team

abalone
Soloist
Soloist

Go Taipei Yuefu!

Post by abalone » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:31 am

Hi!

I have enjoyed reading the posts ("lurking" is such a creepy term; isn't "reading the posts" much happier sounding?) on this site ever since I rediscovered drum corps two years ago after spending most of the 1990s in Taiwan. You collectively have entertained me and educated me to the point that I might even start offering some of my own opinions and insights.

Now if someone can tell me where the Yuefu practices in Taipei...

The following is a test to see if your message board supports Chinese characters:

台北樂府加油

I don't expect to post in Chinese, but I'm just curious to see if it will work... and the preview says that it doesn't!

Abalone
"Sounds like a bunch 'abalone' to me." --Brian T.

Resume Hut
All Star
All Star

Post by Resume Hut » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:32 am

Welcome, abalone. We're glad you're here. I don't know where Yuefu practices. Their website doesn't tell you? (Or don't they have one?) You could call or email them and ask. My copy of Windows isn't set up to display Chinese characters, but since yours is and you can't see them (WYS-in preview-IWYG, if you follow me), then no, Sound Machine does not support Chinese characters.
"These are the roots of rhythm and the roots of rhythm remain"-- Paul Simon

abalone
Soloist
Soloist

Post by abalone » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:39 am

RH,

Thanks for your warm welcome. Thanks also for your informative reply to my question about the Season Pass. I appreciate all that you and the other moderators do to give this board a sense of community.

Abalone
"Sounds like a bunch 'abalone' to me." --Brian T.