How do I do tables??

News about added features or operating problems and member's suggestions for making improvements to this discussion group

Moderator: Bandmaster

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

How do I do tables??

Post by Jim Anello » Sun Sep 22, 2002 7:45 pm

Hello! I'm trying to post recaps from 1969 VFW Finals but I'm having trouble setting up tables. I'm trying to use the spacebar to separate one column from another, but when I preview my post, the stuff is all smashed together. Any suggestions on how I accomplish this? For what it's worth, I use an IBM Aptiva running microsoft.
Jim Anello

Bandmaster
Director
Director

Re: How do I do tables??

Post by Bandmaster » Mon Sep 23, 2002 6:09 pm

Jim Anello wrote:Hello! I'm trying to post recaps from 1969 VFW Finals but I'm having trouble setting up tables. I'm trying to use the spacebar to separate one column from another, but when I preview my post, the stuff is all smashed together. Any suggestions on how I accomplish this? For what it's worth, I use an IBM Aptiva running microsoft.
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately I have HTML disabled on the board to keep nasty stuff from being included in the messages. I do have one thought, if I could figure out how to add a feature to the BBCode and include the "pre" font formatting code. It would be added to the Bold, Italics, Underline, etc. buttons. That way you could space between columns just like in MS Word or other word processor. I'll see what I can do!
Dave Schaafsma
The Sound Machine

Bandmaster
Director
Director

How to do Tables????

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:29 pm

OK Jim, I figured out how to do it. Sorry it took so long but things have been busy here work wise. I have converted the bbCode for "Code" to display the text in preformatted form. Use "Notepad" in Windows 95-98-XP (or any other plain text editor that uses a mono-spaced font) and type out your columns with the scores and spaces. Then simply copy and paste it into the text input box on the post message page here and sourround it with the "Code" bbCode tags. Don't worry that the text looks scrambled, just hit the "Preview" button and see how it looks. The "Code" function will display the text just as it looked in Notepad. Give it a try and let me know how it worked.

Code: Select all

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9   10   11   12   13   14   15
16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30
31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45
See... it works!
Dave Schaafsma
The Sound Machine