Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:01 am 
Soloist
Soloist

Malibu I was hoping that you had read an earlier post of mine (forget which one). It was really crazy when I got to the airport. No one was there to pick me up (they didn't have time, the weather ect...) Anyway I had a paper with several numbers to call. I had only 2 hours of sleep the night before and so I wasn't thinking clearly. Went to get change and left the phone numbers by the phone. When I got back it was gone. I am so sorry. If you get some strange calls from Florida, it will be my fault :oops: . I'm hoping that a janitor threw them away.

I tried to get up to where you and Nancy said you would be in hopes that you would recognize me somehow. However, the Gate Nazis wouldn't let people without tickets into those sections. All I had was a wristband. I did hang out at the SCV Souvie stand in hopes you guys would per chance come by but no luck. What a zoo you know? So I guess we can try again next year. Thank goodness it will be about a 3 hour flight from Spokane instead of an 8 hour marathon. I should have most of my faculties with me when I land in Denver :wink: .

If DCI won't do it, then WE have to do it...
Support Open Class Corps!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:12 am 
Soloist
Soloist

Marianne, sorry I didn't realize you were outside of the City. I know that it will be some time before the ball gets rolling and I didn't mean to put the "get together" on your shoulders (although I have alll the confidence that you could find a great place). It's just fun to "anticipate" 2004 now that things are winding down.

Well, what ever is decided, I think that I'll save my money for a taxi from the school so I can meet everyone at last (I don't think they'll let me borrow one of the buses :lol:). I hope SCV won't be staying too far away from the Stadium. Sigh...now it does seem like a long time...

If DCI won't do it, then WE have to do it...
Support Open Class Corps!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:57 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

No need to apologize Maggie! 8-)

The last two years at DATR, SCV has stayed at Dakota Ridge HS, we figured they must have really liked it, or Dakota Ridge liked them or something! Anyway, if they stay there, I'm sorry to say it is a bit of a hike to the stadium. I think we figured on an hour drive (giving "cushion" time) to get to the stadium from their rehersals. We of course wanted to have that cushion time for parking, booster tables, etc.

Again, I will be more than happy to help organize a place to meet. I guess we're running out of time for my original plan (for me to win the lottery, buy a really neat big house, put up you, Malibu, LancerFi, Dave, and whoever else from this board), buy a Suburban or two, and drive to the various rehersals and such.). Oh well. Maybe the next time DCI is in Denver.....but by then (If its another 25 years) I may be residing in a nursing home!

Trooper Aunt: 2005

Profile E-mail