Mark all posts as read....

News about added features or operating problems and member's suggestions for making improvements to this discussion group

Moderator: Bandmaster

Machine
All Star
All Star

Mark all posts as read....

Post by Machine » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:01 am

Here's a suggestion..... don't know if it's easy to change or if it's all part of the software package. When you mark all posts as read in a discussion forum it only gives you the option to return to the forum. Can an option be added to return to the index? Or maybe return you to the index automatically? Since I just marked all the posts as read why would I want to go back to that forum and then go back to the index? It's not a big deal if it can't be done, but it would save a step. Yeah I'm that lazy! 8-) :lol:

Bandmaster
Director
Director

Re: Mark all posts as read....

Post by Bandmaster » Fri Aug 02, 2002 11:41 pm

Machine wrote:Here's a suggestion..... don't know if it's easy to change or if it's all part of the software package. When you mark all posts as read in a discussion forum it only gives you the option to return to the forum. Can an option be added to return to the index? Or maybe return you to the index automatically? Since I just marked all the posts as read why would I want to go back to that forum and then go back to the index? It's not a big deal if it can't be done, but it would save a step. Yeah I'm that lazy! 8-) :lol:
OK, I checked it out and if I really want to go in and play with the scripting code I think I could add another line with a link to the main page. But if you just click on the Sound Machine logo in the upper left corner of the page, it will take you right back to the main page of the forum. This feature already functions. :) In fact, it works on every page of the forum!! 8-) Give it a try, and if you still feel that I need to add the extra line and link, I'll give it a go.
Dave Schaafsma
The Sound Machine

Machine
All Star
All Star

Post by Machine » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:42 am

Hey, that works great! Why didn't I think of that..... If you still want to change it that's your perogative. This way will work fine for me. Thanks Dave.