It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:47 am 
All Star
All Star

Bandmaster wrote:
Jd wrote:
From what I see, DCP doesn't have the traffic it once did either.

Gee, with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, eBay and countless blogs is it any wonder that people don't have the time to participate that they used to have. I know I don't have the time I used to have to hang out here. Since my dad died my brother and sister and I are running our family business. Plus I am playing in two community bands and am now back teaching a youth band again. That's why it took so long to getting around to upgrading the forum.

WE ARE SPARTACI wrote:
The Aceman wrote:
Kevin is still around, and I'm sure he still comes by and checks out the forums. It's probably just the fact that their isn't much discussion at all going on here...

I don't think so. When was the last time Kevin missed a Happy Birthday thread?

Kevin asked me to remove him as a moderator a while back and I ignored his request. So I think it is his way of sending me a message that he means it. So I just removed him from the moderating team. Maybe now he will be willing to mix it up again. Remember that many of you gave him a hard time for his views, some didn't think a moderator was allowed to have independent views. And now you are missing it. :oops2: Even though I totally disagree with many of his positions I enjoyed the banter.

Count me as one who is not missing it one bit. I will enjoy civil debate/discussion any day of the week. . .but his method of attack was something I just would rather ignore than engage in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Death of SM?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:33 am 
All Star
All Star

yep that he did ....... ( Kevin like Q )

also reminds me of Andy's Gang - poor old Andy Devine ( bit cowboy actor ) would always be surprised by Froggy ( stuffed toy ) that would appear in a puff of smoke and ruin Andy's chain of thought!

Maybe Kevin is anti-establishment and now that his folks are in charge he doesn't want to critique the establishment :just:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:34 am 
Soloist
Soloist

Kevin still posts on World of Pageantry, I have a hard time believing that means he doesn't ever come around here to check on it. But I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 am 
All Star
All Star

frankiE wrote:
Maybe Kevin is anti-establishment and now that his folks are in charge he doesn't want to critique the establishment :just:

That or he agrees with everything they are doing. There is no sense in stirring up trouble when in your eyes everything is peachy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:01 am 
All Star
All Star

You want things to get busy here??? All I need to do is start talking about Hopkins and Lucas will chime in and the TX will help out too!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Mcgyver2u wrote:
You want things to get busy here??? All I need to do is start talking about Hopkins and Lucas will chime in and the TX will help out too!

:rotf:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:18 am 
All Star
All Star

Does anyone else get the feeling that this place is kind of 'dying' lately? It's the start of the season and there are only a handful of us posting on here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:17 pm 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
Does anyone else get the feeling that this place is kind of 'dying' lately? It's the start of the season and there are only a handful of us posting on here.

I think it has been shrinking in membership over the years. Rarely are there drum corps related postings in the offseason, and some of the stalwarts, like Machine, are no where to be found.

Yes, I think it is dying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

I get the feeling that most message boards are not as active as they once were. I know I used to visit DCP everyday, but I rarely get on there now.....maybe once every two months. Seems like Facebook is pretty popular for now. Speaking of, a friend of mine posted a video of a recent performance of SCV.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 am 
Soloist
Soloist

I saw that. It's a good show, but it may not be enough to crack the top 5, at least in its present form.

Phantom Regiment '82-'83
CorpsVets '03-'04

“The vast majority of those who are famous are not significant and the vast majority of those who are significant are not famous.” - Dennis Prager

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:49 am 
All Star
All Star

Jim Anello wrote:
chadwick wrote:

I think it has been shrinking in membership over the years. Rarely are there drum corps related postings in the offseason, and some of the stalwarts, like Machine, are no where to be found.

I'll be back when vomitbunny comes back! 8-)

Start of the season already?? I hope it's another good one. I'm skeptical of the electronics aspect.... Hopefully it doesn't kill the mood for me. OK, let's get these shows on the road! :cheers:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 am 
All Star
All Star

Machine wrote:
Jim Anello wrote:
chadwick wrote:

Start of the season already?? I hope it's another good one. I'm skeptical of the electronics aspect.... Hopefully it doesn't kill the mood for me. OK, let's get these shows on the road! :cheers:

Don't worrry - you'll get a good laugh out of Colts use of synthesizer:

Dot Dot Dot - Dash Dash Dash - Dot Dot Dot

( Morse code for SOS )

IMHO some real fans are still here, and DCP is becoming more like RAMD every day

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:24 pm 
All Star
All Star

frankiE wrote:
Machine wrote:
Jim Anello wrote:
chadwick wrote:

( Morse code for SOS )

IMHO some real fans are still here, and DCP is becoming more like RAMD every day

SOS = Synthesizers Outright Suck :wink:

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14 pm 
All Star
All Star

I watched the webcast on Saturday and seriously thought this video had started playing spontaneously in the background during the Colts show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us00G8oILCM

I kid you not!! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:01 am 
All Star
All Star

frankiE wrote:
Machine wrote:
Jim Anello wrote:
chadwick wrote:

( Morse code for SOS )

I'm fighting the urge to go back to DCP, but your comment helps me stay away. It really was starting to detract from my enjoyment of the season the last few summers.

Profile E-mail