MJ passes at 50...the loss of a legend

If you can name it... you can discuss it here (except politics & religion)! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

MJ passes at 50...the loss of a legend

Post by Malibu » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:21 am

Wow, when my daughter came in about 5:50 yesterday and told me that Michael Jackson had died, I said "what?" :shock: It was hard to believe a man who seemed in good shape would leave us so soon. My friend said when she was in Wal-Mart yesterday, people were buying up his music. I have most of his albums (yeah the vinyl stuff) when they were hits back in the day.
In the spring of 1980, a choreographer made up a dance to "Don't Stop 'til you get enough" for us guard members. It was to help us be more flexible and to add ideas for our upcoming 1980 season. We did do a little dance stuff with equipment in "Jack Miraculous" which for that era was kind of ahead of our time.

"Thriller" was one of my favorites mainly because of the choreography used for the video.....outstanding! He was so talented and very strange at the same time. It's like he never had a childhood so he lived it everyday of his adult life.

What are some of your thoughts and memories of MJ?
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Reg_Contra_95_99
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MJ passes at 50...the loss of a legend

Post by Reg_Contra_95_99 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:57 pm

I agree that he has given us a LOT in music and blurring the lines of music.....

HOWEVER, I just cant get past all the allegations and "strange" things....

I hope we now can get some REAL answers!

D
Darren Dukart
Phantom Regiment - Contra, 1995-1999
Spirit of JSU - Baritone Visual Tech, 2005
Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current