Earthquake in Mexico

If you can name it... you can discuss it here (except politics & religion)! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderator: The Moderating Team

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Earthquake in Mexico

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:06 pm

6.9 at 11:00am local time in the Gulf of California.

I am about 400 miles from the epicenter and I was getting motion sick during the rolling motion. I am concerned for the many seaside villages located within 100 miles. Many old buildings that would not withstand that magnitude of an earthquake. The city of Hermosillo is a little more than 100 miles away and likely saw some damage as well.

6.9 is pretty significant. Waiting for news reports...
What, it should be Spartacuses??

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Re: Earthquake in Mexico

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:32 pm

Well early reports from Mexico are positive. Of course here in San Diego, our City Hall was evacuated...

:shock:

Um, yes our local officials evacuated their building...

...which is some 400 miles from the epicenter...
:stupid:

...while most people on the ground here are saying they didn't even feel anything...
:whistle:

...and tiny fishing villages in the most affected areas are reporting little to no damage to their built-to-less-than-code structures...
:clap2:

...yet City Hall is empty...thank goodness for quick thinkers avoiding the serious repercussions of critical thought...
:shs:

...not to mention that evacuating after an earthquake is one of the last things you want to do. Falling debris poses a much greater threat than a potential collapse...
:mc2:

...did I mention we are some 400 MILES away from the epicenter?...
:pick:

...would now be a good time to mention that our bankrupt city government has been pressing for a new, presumably earthquake-proof, City Hall?
:)(:

...come to think of it, evacuating City Hall really was the most prudent decision under the circumstances...
:tup:

...letting the ba$tards back in was where the mistake was made...
:shades:

400 freakin' miles... :roll:
What, it should be Spartacuses??

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...