It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shameless...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:33 pm 
All Star
All Star

...plug!

http://www.myspace.com/sundogsandiego

Come on in and check out my band's myspace page. Looking for feedback and quite honestly, looking for as many "hits" as we can to show prospective clients that we can generate some interest. The music samples are just quick snippets with minimal instrumentation. I just recently recorded some drum tracks so I should be updating the musical library with the new songs in a few weeks.

The samples are covers of songs by Bonnie Raitt, Blind Melon, Muddy Waters, etc...

W.A.S.

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

Post subject: Re: Shameless...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:57 am 
All Star
All Star

Kari's got a sexy voice. WOOHOO!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:25 pm 
All Star
All Star

cwbjr67 wrote:
Kari's got a sexy voice. WOOHOO!

Agreed and thanks. She is only 24...half my age and I'm the second youngest in the band! She has an old soul though and really admires the classic singers.

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 am 
All Star
All Star

X, it doesn't appear that your songs are still there - I see something for the Armed Maniquines(sp) and on the other one that has a video, the drummer is not you.

BTW, when you think of yourself, do you think of yourself as the letter or as "Crossed"? I should think of you as "Crossed" but I think of you as the letter.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm 
All Star
All Star

hey-- checked the you tube vid - sounded cool but it does look like the site got vacated overall.

here's my bands webpage with vid from House of Blues in May...feel free to check it out!

www.retroburntexas.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:50 am 
All Star
All Star

Kimberly wrote:
X, it doesn't appear that your songs are still there - I see something for the Armed Maniquines(sp) and on the other one that has a video, the drummer is not you.

BTW, when you think of yourself, do you think of yourself as the letter or as "Crossed"? I should think of you as "Crossed" but I think of you as the letter.

Long story short...bass player wanted more money per gig for himself and he owns a drum machine, so I was the odd man out... Now instead of the nicer places we were playing they are playing these little dives. Oh well, they didn't even have the guts to talk to me. Found out when a friend saw an ad on Craigslist for a band looking for work. The jerk had taken a picture off of the MySpace page that I created (a pic that had been taken with my camera no less) and he photoshopped me out. Since I was the one doing the marketing, setting up e-mail addy, MySpace, ect...I took everything down and let it sit dormant. I would just delete it if I knew how.

Got another gig now so I'm good...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:55 am 
All Star
All Star

rysa4 wrote:
hey-- checked the you tube vid - sounded cool but it does look like the site got vacated overall.

here's my bands webpage with vid from House of Blues in May...feel free to check it out!

http://www.retroburntexas.com

Yeah, that vid isn't us. It belongs to one of the former MySpace friends...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 am 
All Star
All Star

oh - sorry - got a link to one of yours?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:26 am 
All Star
All Star

WE ARE SPARTACI wrote:
Kimberly wrote:

Long story short...bass player wanted more money per gig for himself and he owns a drum machine, so I was the odd man out... Now instead of the nicer places we were playing they are playing these little dives. Oh well, they didn't even have the guts to talk to me. Found out when a friend saw an ad on Craigslist for a band looking for work. The jerk had taken a picture off of the MySpace page that I created (a pic that had been taken with my camera no less) and he photoshopped me out. Since I was the one doing the marketing, setting up e-mail addy, MySpace, ect...I took everything down and let it sit dormant. I would just delete it if I knew how.

Got another gig now so I'm good...

That's just how it goes with bands.....the usual stuff. occasionally ya hit a good situation - few and far between...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:07 pm 
All Star
All Star

rysa4 wrote:
oh - sorry - got a link to one of yours?

Nothing as polished or professional as yours, that 's for certain! I'm just a hack having fun. My new project is in it's infancy. We held an open rehearsal for friends and family, which I taped (yes, an old video cam that still uses tape!). Just set up a single mic and recorded straight to the camera. The cam is so old that I can't download to my computer, so I have to burn a DVD through my TV setup, then copy that to the computer, which makes the recording second or third generation by the time I'm done (visual quality goes south). We still need to add backing vocals and maybe a male co-lead. Keys and or a second GTR too.

Anyway, here is what amounted to our 6th practice, for better or worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUl4xdX-8dg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:18 pm 
All Star
All Star

Y'all have a pretty smooth sound. I am in and out of a bunch of projects and they are all fun in one way or another mostly - good way to meet new musicians which can be pretty cool. Most situations tend to come and go - the retroburn project I'm in now is pretty stable though and may continue to gig for a couple of years out. Cool. tx for the link.