The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to be EVIL for a day?, June 26th is your chance!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:27 am 
Veteran
Veteran

On June 26th, the San Francisco Renegades will be making their second appearance in the SF Gay Pride Parade and we would love it if you joined us!

More official details will come soon but I wanted to get the hotel information to anyone interested since the deadline for reserving rooms in the Renegades block is June 3rd (see below).

HOTEL INFORMATION:
If you’re planning to march with the Renegades, then why not sleep with them as well?

Renegades have a room block at the historic Sir Francis Drake Hotel @ Union Square in San Francisco for the night of June 25, 2005. It's the same hotel we stayed at for the St. Patrick's Day Parade in March. For those of you who are not familiar with it, check in out at www.sirfrancisdrake.com. It's got one of the oldest, if not one of the most famous, san Francisco night clubs from the 70's & 80's on the top floor with incredible views of the city. It's the "Harry Denton's Starlight Lounge" and if your lucky, he'll be there flirting with the girls, chumming it up with the boys and buying a round of drinks for everyone (Well, maybe not buying everyone drinks. Made you think though, didn’t it?).

The city will sell out as the Gay Pride festivities bringing hundreds of thousands to the area. We are very fortunate to have a special rate offered to us (AKA employee rate of David’s) of $139 single through quad. This means if there is 1 or up to 4 people in a room, the rate stays at $139. Be aware, that overnight valet parking at the hotel is $38 per night, but there are many public garages’ just blocks away that are much less expensive.

If you want a room, this is what you need to do…

You MUST contact David Powell prior to 12pm on June 3rd at david.powell@thecypresshotel.com with all of the following information listed below.

On your email, indicate the following…
- First and Last name as it appears on your credit card
- If you have more than one person in your room, I will need to know the names of everyone in the room, or only the person who reserved the room will be able to check in for everyone.
- What nights you want to stay. Right now the block is for Saturday, June 25th, but I can definitely swing a couple rooms for the Friday prior or the Sunday after, if need be.
- If you would like a smoking room, non smoking room or a room for special needs (Ex. an ADA room).

If there is a room available, I will reply to your email and ask you to call me with your credit card information. I will need the type of credit card, the number and the expiration date. My voice mail is secure. If you get it, please leave your information on it. I will email you again that I have received your information and that you are all set. This email will serve as your confirmation until the hotel gets the actual confirmation numbers back to me the week of June 6th. When I receive them, I will post them on this thread.

Please feel free to send this information out to anyone you know who would like to march with us. The block will fill very quickly, so I advise you to take care of your rooms first, and then feel free to extend out to the world!

Please let me know of any questions you might have at david.powell@thecypresshotel.com.

I think that’s it for now. If I forgot anything, let me know and I’ll post straight away!

Cheers!

Yours truly… FNG!

--------------------

David Powell
"Fabulous!"

:twisted:

Renegades 2003-06
'03, 05, 06 Pit
'04 DM