Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Barrack Husein Obama
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:08 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

I've always had something against this guy and couldn't put my finger on it. After looking at this photo, now I know why!

I'm sorry, but I'll vote for Hillary before I would vote for him!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:58 am 
All Star
All Star

Why should anyone be surprized about this photo? He attends a Christian church that is all about African heritage and is seen here wearing traditional African garb. Of course the continent of Africa is home to many cultures, some of which are not what you would consider allies. I have many problems with Obama but this is not one of them.

NOBAMA in '08 (NOClinton either!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:14 am 
Soloist
Soloist

What a pile of crap!!!!!

A little checking shows the picture is from a visit to Africa.
It is customary for almost ALL political visitors to wear traditional garb.
Even the sainted/hated Hilary has said she has worn traditional outfits when visiting foreign countries.

Deciding to vote/NOT to vote for a person based on a picture - WOW.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet - McCain, Obama, Clinton (most likely NOT), Nader. I need to study a bit more. Clinton's camp was behind posting this - she is DONE - grasping at straws.......

Don't cry because it's over.
SMILE because it's happened!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:33 am 
All Star
All Star

Old Mike wrote:
What a pile of crap!!!!!

Even the sainted/hated Hilary has said she has worn traditional outfits when visiting foreign countries.

I'm not sure who I'm voting for yet - McCain, Obama, Clinton (most likely NOT), Nader. I need to study a bit more. Clinton's camp was behind posting this - she is DONE - grasping at straws.......

Regardless of the origins of the picture, he was recently endorsed by Farrakhan, and his church has a history of being in the "black power" movement. Electing him as President would be akin to years ago had the state of LA elected David Duke as governor.

Most of what Obama says is nothing but fluff, and there is no way he intends on following through with much of it (we could never afford it). I am hoping Americans wise up to him soon.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 am 
Veteran
Veteran

A person's religion should have no bearing on his/her qualifications to lead our great nation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:07 am 
All Star
All Star

First of all, I'm not voting for Obama. He & I don't share the same political beliefs. I do however believe he is sincere. If Farrakhan endorsed McCain that would have no bering on my vote, so I think his endorsement is neither here no there. Again, I support Nader. To me he is the candidate which best represents my views.

I wonder if there is really any other reason to vote for someone........Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:44 am 
All Star
All Star

TXMystreaux wrote:
Old Mike wrote:
What a pile of crap!!!!!

Regardless of the origins of the picture, he was recently endorsed by Farrakhan, and his church has a history of being in the "black power" movement. Electing him as President would be akin to years ago had the state of LA elected David Duke as governor.

Most of what Obama says is nothing but fluff, and there is no way he intends on following through with much of it (we could never afford it). I am hoping Americans wise up to him soon.

A person can't control who endorses him or her. If you check, you might find some pretty unsavory characters who endorsed President Bush. So that means we shouldn't have voted for him?

If you examine the candidate's issues and decide not to vote for him, I can understand that. But to say you're against a person because of who endorsed him is pretty weak. TX, you're smarter than that!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: While We're at It...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:53 am 
All Star
All Star

Nice touch throwing in Senator Obama's middle name. Just a bit of baiting, considering that Saddam had it, too. Just a reminder that it was also the name of one of our country's few allies in the Mideast - King Hussein of Jordan.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:23 am 
All Star
All Star

To 'not' vote for someone because of this picture or because their middle name is not traditional American is shameful. The fact that Obama wore the African garb on his visit to this country is respectable not disrespectable. Debate the issues folks...not this ridculous fluff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:57 am 
Soloist
Soloist

I would love to vote for Ron Paul in the presidential election, however, with the understanding that there is a very large possibility that Paul won't be in the presidential election, I will vote for Obama. Clinton lies, cheats, and steals and the only reason she ever had a chance is because of name recognition (the same thing that gave us a disastrous 8 years of bush jr.), THANK GOD it looks like she will lose the democratic nomination. McCain is also an idiot, he is willing to wage a hundred year war, sorry but there is nothing intelligent nor conservative about nation building or waging a war on behalf of the oil companies. He supports capital punishment and mandatory sentencing, two things I'm very opposed to, hasn't history shown that we've incorrectly used capital punishment in many cases? It's not our job as humans to play the role of god, or nature, or whatever you believe. He supports gun control, which I wish people would admit is nothing more than a fantasy and can never work in a real society. He even earned an F- rating from the Gun Owners of America. He said he was against torturous interrogation techniques put in place by Bush, but then proceeded to vote against banning procedures such as waterboarding, a technique he specifically stated to be a torture. Obama is not perfect, but he is by far better than both Clinton and McCain, and the most sincere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm 
All Star
All Star

Jim Anello wrote:
TXMystreaux wrote:
Old Mike wrote:
What a pile of crap!!!!!

A person can't control who endorses him or her. If you check, you might find some pretty unsavory characters who endorsed President Bush. So that means we shouldn't have voted for him?

If you examine the candidate's issues and decide not to vote for him, I can understand that. But to say you're against a person because of who endorsed him is pretty weak. TX, you're smarter than that!

My opposition to his possible presidency is based on much more than one person's endorsement. I thought that was pretty clear just from the first statement I made in this thread. My opinion that Obama is a "black racist" (if there is such a thing) is based on more than this endorsement. I have held this opinion of him for months, and this endorsement only helped further that point.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:16 pm 
All Star
All Star

TXMystreaux wrote:
My opinion that Obama is a "black racist" (if there is such a thing) is based on more than this endorsement.

There is no such thing. There are only "racists," regardless of the target's race. Ironically, the usage of a term such as "black racist" is in itself slightly racist.

And, I'll go ahead and assume right now that your opinion is largely based on b.s. smear tactics by right-wing talking heads, since what little rationale you've listed in this thread is pretty specious.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/church.asp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:39 pm 
All Star
All Star

Hostrauser wrote:
TXMystreaux wrote:
My opinion that Obama is a "black racist" (if there is such a thing) is based on more than this endorsement.

There is no such thing. There are only "racists," regardless of the target's race. Ironically, the usage of a term such as "black racist" is in itself slightly racist.

And, I'll go ahead and assume right now that your opinion is largely based on b.s. smear tactics by right-wing talking heads, since what little rationale you've listed in this thread is pretty specious.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/church.asp

My usage of the term black racist was in reference to how many feel blacks can't be racist.

As far as your assumptions, go right ahead. I guess perception is reality.

I am just glad that his wife is finally proud of her country, and that Obama will heal all of our souls once he wins.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:19 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

chadwick wrote:
To 'not' vote for someone because of this picture or because their middle name is not traditional American is shameful. The fact that Obama wore the African garb on his visit to this country is respectable not disrespectable. Debate the issues folks...not this ridculous fluff.

See I think you guys are being blinded by the truth. He comes across as a gentle and fair man but what is he really thinking?

He claims he is not a Muslim but he was sworn into Congress on the Koran, not the Bible.
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he were being backed by Osama himself. What better way to infiltrate our country than through our leader.

Say what you all want to say, but mark my words, if he gets elected we are in for some huge changes and not in the best interest of Americans either.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:18 pm 
Director
Director

Hostrauser wrote:

Funny... I heard that it was folks from the Clinton campaign that released the photo? But hey, why not blame the right-wing talking heads for everything?

On a serious note... I consider the photo a non-issue. Obama's father was from Kenya why shouldn't he want to celebrate his heritage by dressing up traditional clothing? That's like saying I would be doing something wrong by wearing wooden shoes, since my family is from Holland. While I don't agree with many of his positions on the issues, I find Obama to be a very decent and good man.

Profile E-mail