It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You're Wrong Again
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:09 am 
All Star
All Star

Obama vs. McCain on Taxes

Obama's Fannie/Freddie Connections

Hostrauser: eliminating truthiness on The Sound Machine Forums since 2002.

You can thank me after Obama wins the Presidency. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:41 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Well there' no doubt there are many falsehoods out there. But to be fair they are from both sides. I will say the tone of this election is probably the most negative I've ever seen though. And I can remember back to the 64 election in terms of this and a little of 60. I can understand negative attacks from both sides in a traditional sense..Such as flase attacks from each on eachothers plans. But this terrorist tone about Obama going on now has really gone too far if you ask me. I spoke before how I supported McCain in 00 and how upset I was with how he and his family were treated by the Bush team..And sadly, he has hired those same people to push this Ayers thing to the point of disgrace. It's really divided this country to the point that if Obama does gets elected he should fear for his life. And I'm dead serious on that. I just watched a video on the tube with a guy who goes to a McCain/Palin rally and talks to supporters. And the response of those people really scare me. And there's no telling what they said or would of said without a camera on them. I'm not a fan of Obama myself, but I do at least have respect for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:23 am 
All Star
All Star

SCVStar wrote:
Well there' no doubt there are many falsehoods out there. But to be fair they are from both sides. I will say the tone of this election is probably the most negative I've ever seen though. And I can remember back to the 64 election in terms of this and a little of 60. I can understand negative attacks from both sides in a traditional sense..Such as flase attacks from each on eachothers plans. But this terrorist tone about Obama going on now has really gone too far if you ask me. I spoke before how I supported McCain in 00 and how upset I was with how he and his family were treated by the Bush team..And sadly, he has hired those same people to push this Ayers thing to the point of disgrace. It's really divided this country to the point that if Obama does gets elected he should fear for his life. And I'm dead serious on that. I just watched a video on the tube with a guy who goes to a McCain/Palin rally and talks to supporters. And the response of those people really scare me. And there's no telling what they said or would of said without a camera on them. I'm not a fan of Obama myself, but I do at least have respect for him.

Sadly? The Ayers connection needs to be brought more into light to the general public. I will give you the friend to terrorists ideal going too far, but his connections with Ayers, which he repeatedly lies about, should be brought out more. Bravo to any media (and McCain) for calling him on it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:52 am 
All Star
All Star

It's the same BS tactic that is all the Repuglycans can come up with any more: they've got nothing they can nail Obama to the wall with so they bring up these flaccid, tenuous, guilt-by-association connections.

This Ayers deal takes the cake, though. Billionaire Walter Annenberg's (former Ambassador to the UK under President Nixon) Foundation sets up almost $400M to donate to public schools. Ayers was one of three people who co-wrote a proposal for Chicago Public Schools in hopes of winning some of that grant (successfully: Annenberg gave Chicago public schools $49.2M).

An 8-member Board of Directors made up of representatives of organizations that had no vested interest in Annenberg money was recruited to approve grants, hire an executive director and project staff, and determine which funds could count towards the required $98.4 million match. The Board of Directors was handpicked by Adele Smith Simmons, president of the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.

At a meeting with Simmons and Patricia Albjerg Graham, Deborah Leff suggested that Barack Obama would make a good board chairman. After meeting and being impressed by Obama, Graham told Obama that she wanted him to be chairman of the Board of Directors.

So, to bottom-line it:
-Ayers helped WRITE a proposal
-Obama was selected (NOT by Ayers) to oversee the funds Ayers proposal won.

Repugs make it sound like Ayers and Obama were making nail-bombs in the basement together. :roll:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

What is he lying about?? Seriously, McCain needs to just stop this mess and get his act together or a liberal will be president with a liberal controlled Congress..Sorry, but that just scares me a little. He needs Independents to win, and he's going to lose them badly if these attacks keep going like this. Especially when he airs an attack which states "He Lied" about Ayers, but then have Factcheck say the claim was false. McCain took a step forward today when he put down some false views of Obama from his supporters. Hopefully, he won't bring up the Ayers thing at the debate like most people think he will either. He'll walk right into an Obama Buzzsaw if he decides to do so..Don't think Obama won't be prepared for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:55 am 
All Star
All Star

SCVStar wrote:
Hopefully, he won't bring up the Ayers thing at the debate like most people think he will either. He'll walk right into an Obama Buzzsaw if he decides to do so..Don't think Obama won't be prepared for that.

He should bring it up. If you are going to run commercials about something, you should have the balls to bring it up in a debate too. If in fact Obama wins the election, I think people will look back and think that two of the most critical mistakes made by McCain and his campaign were picking Palin as his running make and they whole Ayers scare-tactic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:44 am 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
SCVStar wrote:
Hopefully, he won't bring up the Ayers thing at the debate like most people think he will either. He'll walk right into an Obama Buzzsaw if he decides to do so..Don't think Obama won't be prepared for that.

He should bring it up. If you are going to run commercials about something, you should have the balls to bring it up in a debate too. If in fact Obama wins the election, I think people will look back and think that two of the most critical mistakes made by McCain and his campaign were picking Palin as his running make and they whole Ayers scare-tactic.

Or maybe the US will realize that Obama has not just one underplayed relationship with a known subversive, but in fact many. You can deny one questionable relationship, but the proof is there. Have you ever asked yourself why all of these names associated with hating America and Americans over the years, have such direct, personal relations with Obama? I mean truly and honestly?

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:40 pm 
All Star
All Star

WE ARE SPARTACI wrote:
Have you ever asked yourself why all of these names associated with hating America and Americans over the years, have such direct, personal relations with Obama? I mean truly and honestly?

Because McCain is becoming desperate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Ok people, lets take the blinders off for a bit. Does Obama have ties in "some way" to poor chatacters? Of course..No denying that. But do you honestly think no others in this race have ties to poor characters? I've been following politics for a long time, and can tell you when you this isn't the first time this has happened. The reason Obama's name keeps appearing is due to the fact they are bringing it up. Trust me, Obama could really go after McCain and Palin if he wanted. But it would probably be in poor taste just as these attacks with Ayers. For instance, he could attack Palin's connection with AIP. Her husband was a member and she actually spoke at their convention..Rev. Wright was a man who would preach hate towards America. The AIP is no different. Just listen to what their founder of the AIP said about this country. It's pretty brutal and in lines with Wright if you ask me. Not to mention what the goal of the party is: To have a nation of Alaska. She too has some radical religous friends..One of which has proclaimed himself a whitchdoctor on more than one occasion. I'm not sure if you were alive during the hearings on MIA/POW files being released, but I promise it's not something McCain would want to come up. Lets just say he was the main guy to block it, even though every Republican in the House voted for them to be released. Or to mention the lawsuits filed against him by fellow POW's in regards to treason (those were dropped due to the Nixon law after the war. ). Sgt Major John Holland (a republican which served in WWII, Korean War, and Vietnam) wrote McCain a letter asking him to drop out of the race due to many of these issues. It's not a letter which McCain would want out. And I've meet "papa" Holland a few times myself and can tell you he is an American Hero and a true conservative..He's a man I would fight next to any day. Now, do I really care about Palin's connections? Not really. Do I fault McCain for what he did as a POW. NO. I've been in war and would never attack a POW for giving in to torture. Some veterans aren't as forgiving. And do I fault Obama for his connections? Again, not really. If you dig deep enough you're going to find stuff on about anyone running for a top office. It's American politics. No one is truly innocent..No one is truly guilty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:28 pm 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
WE ARE SPARTACI wrote:
Have you ever asked yourself why all of these names associated with hating America and Americans over the years, have such direct, personal relations with Obama? I mean truly and honestly?

Because McCain is becoming desperate.

What would McCain's state of being have to do with those close personal ties?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:57 pm 
All Star
All Star

I'm not sure what anyone's association with anyone else means. Sometime's the people who are the most effective are the most devious. I would imagine their are a lot of those people in Washington & both Senators have had to deal with some awful people. I imagine they will have to deal with even more awful people as president. I played with another boy as a child who grew up to be a convicted child killer. (Ralph Stogner) Does that make me or anyone else in that circle of friends a bad person?............................Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:59 am 
All Star
All Star

LAMystreaux wrote:
What would McCain's state of being have to do with those close personal ties?

I guess my point is I don't think that McCain's campaign would be pushing this (non-) issue if they weren't so desperate to stir things up and boost their position in the current polls. I think it is just ridiculous to focus on this when there are so many other issues that deserve greater attention right now.

I do commend McCain, however, for taking the microphone from that nut case at a recent rally who proclaimed Obama to be Arab. I think it is a good strategy to do these rallys where he passes the microphone around to the public to hear their two-cents (some of it being quite entertaining actually). But, I think it is on the verge of getting out of hand, and may actually detract from his overall message.

Regardless, I think it is going to be a very interesting final few weeks for both of these campaigns. I wonder how overall voter turnout will be nationally compared to previous elections? I would suspect that it may be the highest ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:29 pm 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
I guess my point is I don't think that McCain's campaign would be pushing this (non-) issue if they weren't so desperate to stir things up and boost their position in the current polls. I think it is just ridiculous to focus on this when there are so many other issues that deserve greater attention right now.

And this is something only McCain is doing? I will give you the truth that there are bigger issues, but your candidate is far from innocent here.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:49 am 
All Star
All Star

LAMystreaux wrote:
chadwick wrote:
And this is something only McCain is doing? I will give you the truth that there are bigger issues, but your candidate is far from innocent here.

Of course not, I don't think my statement expressed that. My point is simply that McCain is focusing way too much on a non-issue. one that is coming back around to bite him in the a**. It is politics...and both sides are mudslinging; nothing new there.

What has been getting the most publicity for McCain of late is not his plans on foreign affairs or the economy or even healthcare, it has been on these fools that march around yelling that Obama is a terrorist, an Arab and a man of violence. It is making McCain look bad and I'm sure this was not the intention of his campain managers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:35 am 
All Star
All Star

chadwick wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:
chadwick wrote:

Of course not, I don't think my statement expressed that. My point is simply that McCain is focusing way too much on a non-issue. one that is coming back around to bite him in the a**. It is politics...and both sides are mudslinging; nothing new there.

What has been getting the most publicity for McCain of late is not his plans on foreign affairs or the economy or even healthcare, it has been on these fools that march around yelling that Obama is a terrorist, an Arab and a man of violence. It is making McCain look bad and I'm sure this was not the intention of his campain managers.

Unfortunately, that goes back to the media. This is what they are choosing to cover. Obama comes out smelling like a rose most of the time, while McCain appears angry and desperate, when both seem pretty equal on the desperate meter if you ask me.

Profile E-mail