Peace has been made!

The really HOT topics of the day... be careful to not get burned! Please try to remain open minded...

Moderator: The Moderating Team

cwbjr67
All Star
All Star

Peace has been made!

Post by cwbjr67 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:07 pm

Those involved in the locked thread made peace BEFORE it was locked! People can work things out! Chris (aka Chadwick) was wonderfully gracious, and he gives me hope that civil discussion does work despite the occasional--and rather minor--flare up. 8-)

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Post by LAMystreaux » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:10 pm

Not only that, even though it was locked, it seems a mod still unlocked the lock in order to get in the last word.
Just because your hate is masked by "free thinking" or being "open-minded" does not make it right.

cwbjr67
All Star
All Star

Post by cwbjr67 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Ahhh, that's okay. That's between M and H. Maybe we can have a moderator slugfest. My money's on M! :wink:

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Peace has been made!

Post by Malibu » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:27 pm

cwbjr67 wrote:Those involved in the locked thread made peace BEFORE it was locked! People can work things out! Chris (aka Chadwick) was wonderfully gracious, and he gives me hope that civil discussion does work despite the occasional--and rather minor--flare up. 8-)
I too felt a truce was made before I locked it.....but then we all know Kevin.....he has GOT to get in his last word no matter what! :lol:
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Malibu wrote:I too felt a truce was made before I locked it.....but then we all know Kevin.....he has GOT to get in his last word no matter what! :lol:
Do not.

LAMystreaux wrote:Not only that, even though it was locked, it seems a mod still unlocked the lock in order to get in the last word.
PS: mods can post through locks.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

cwbjr67
All Star
All Star

Post by cwbjr67 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:21 am

There he goes again....trying to get the last word in. heehee :lol:

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Post by LAMystreaux » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:20 am

Hostrauser wrote:
Malibu wrote:I too felt a truce was made before I locked it.....but then we all know Kevin.....he has GOT to get in his last word no matter what! :lol:
Do not.

LAMystreaux wrote:Not only that, even though it was locked, it seems a mod still unlocked the lock in order to get in the last word.
Yeah, that was obvious before, when you, you know, did that.
Just because your hate is masked by "free thinking" or being "open-minded" does not make it right.

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:32 am

LAMystreaux wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:
Yeah, that was obvious before, when you, you know, did that.
No, what you said was that I unlocked the thread, posted, then relocked the thread. I did no such thing. I clarified that mods can still post to locked threads (without unlocking them).
Last edited by Hostrauser on Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Post by LAMystreaux » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:36 am

Hostrauser wrote:
Yeah, that was obvious before, when you, you know, did that.[/quote]
No, what you said was that I unlocked the thread, posted, then relocked the thread. I did no such thing. I clarified that mods can still post to locked threads (without unlocking them).[/quote]

Does it really matter? :roll:

chadwick
All Star
All Star

Post by chadwick » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:11 pm

LAMystreaux wrote:Does it really matter? :roll:

Come on now...you brought it up!

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Post by LAMystreaux » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:26 pm

chadwick wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:Does it really matter? :roll:

Come on now...you brought it up!
Yes, I and others brought up how Kevin needed to get in a last word. How he was able to do so really does not matter is my point.

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:27 pm

"Last Posts" in topics in the Political and Religious Discussions forum, 7/1/07 to the present...

Who's Gotta Have the Last Word?
11 cwbjr67
10 Bluerae1
8 XSpartaci
7 abalone
7 Dave B
7 Hostrauser
5 frankiE
5 Malibu
4 Bandmaster
4 GCMystreaux
4 Mike
4 SCVStar
3 Ghost
2 bacplus
2 chadwick
2 jacquesb
2 Jazzman
2 The Aceman
1 Jim Anello
1 Kimberly
1 singforsam
-- Joseph Baretti

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:38 pm

cwbjr67 wrote:Those involved in the locked thread made peace BEFORE it was locked! People can work things out! Chris (aka Chadwick) was wonderfully gracious, and he gives me hope that civil discussion does work despite the occasional--and rather minor--flare up. 8-)
From what I saw the last two pages, GCMystreaux and Malibu agreed that their "one true god" was more important that individual human rights. This was not two opposite sides coming to an agreement. You and chadwick settled a disagreement about the PHRASING of one post, not the underlying issue.

So no, I'd say peace wasn't made, and I stand by the last comment I made in that thread.
-- Joseph Baretti

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Post by LAMystreaux » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Hostrauser wrote:
From what I saw the last two pages, GCMystreaux and Malibu agreed that their "one true god" was more important that individual human rights. This was not two opposite sides coming to an agreement. You and chadwick settled a disagreement about the PHRASING of one post, not the underlying issue.

So no, I'd say peace wasn't made, and I stand by the last comment I made in that thread.
Maybe not a peaceful resolution, but definitely a good discussion and debate without name-calling and belittling.

So would you like to see the thread opened back up so you could tell us how wrong and stupid we are for believing in God?

Yes, God trumps all rights. Without Him, we are nothing anyway.

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:59 pm

LAMystreaux wrote:So would you like to see the thread opened back up so you could tell us how wrong and stupid we are for believing in God?
No, I think you already know.

LAMystreaux wrote:Yes, God trumps all rights. Without Him, we are nothing anyway.
Pfft. You might be nothing without him, but I'm the exact same person with or without him. His existence is completely irrelevant to mine.
-- Joseph Baretti