Meanwhile, IN Toledo...

Topics and polls that cover the spectrum of the drum corps activity

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Meanwhile, IN Toledo...

Post by Jim Anello » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:08 pm

Cadets won. No surprise there. But, for the first time in a LONG time, the Scouts beat Cadets in Visual Analysis, and edged Regiment in Percussion. Whoa!
Jim Anello

cwbjr67
All Star
All Star

Re: Meanwhile, IN Toledo...

Post by cwbjr67 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:48 pm

The Scouts are the real deal this year. Great show with tons of potential. They are a dark horse spoiler IMHO. My prediction? Fifth place. You read it here first.

Cadets have a solid concept with some nice music and an insane battery. They have an outside shot of winning if they clean clean clean and add some speed. The drill seems slower than usual without the high octane ending.

Crown is wonderful, but the Blue Devils are crazy good. If Crown does not work on their percussion hard, and I mean hard, they will be disappointed again.
GO CADETS!

cavies79
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by cavies79 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:27 am

I'm glad to see the Scouts back in the running. I just wish the Cavies were doing better. I haven't seen anybody yet, but I've heard that the corps is very dirty, but the design is better than last year. I'm just hoping they clean it up and move up some.

They should have kept the staff from 09 and before.
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Post by Jim Anello » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:39 am

In last night's show, the Scouts hornline edged the Bluecoats. That's got to be the first time in a long time for that.
Jim Anello