The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:08 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:16 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: Laredo, Texas
Lets see how many are awake in here. It's time to get this place going again. 8-)

_________________
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:45 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2002 9:40 pm
Posts: 1729
Location: Northern Colorado
I'm awake. You may need a louder alarm bell though. :(

_________________
Marianne
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis: 1984
Trooper Aunt: 2005


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:22 am 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 6:13 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Upland, CA
I guess we need get people off of Facebook. :lol:

Database has been repaired so everything should be working again!

_________________
Dave Schaafsma
The Sound Machine


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:32 am 
Offline
All Star
All Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:14 am
Posts: 1621
Location: Neverland (aka Wisconsin)
Howdy!

Just stopped by to try to find something I had used a reference on Wikipedia... :compute:

'Til Later...

_________________
GWFrog 8-)

Life is a test, then you die and find out whether you passed or failed.

No matter what you listen to, most people don't like your music...


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 1:26 pm 
Offline
All Star
All Star

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:07 pm
Posts: 827
I'm awake!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:48 am 
Offline
All Star
All Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 1701
Location: Atlanta, GA
I still check in from time to time but I'm afraid we've lost just about everyone who used to frequent this page. Not sure what can be done to bring it back to what it used to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:49 am 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:16 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: Laredo, Texas
chadwick wrote:
I still check in from time to time but I'm afraid we've lost just about everyone who used to frequent this page. Not sure what can be done to bring it back to what it used to be.


I spend more time at Drum Corps Planet. It's been so quiet here. I wish we could get this site going again. Any ideas? There has to be something we can do to save Soundmachine.

_________________
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:37 am 
Offline
All Star
All Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 1701
Location: Atlanta, GA
Not sure there would be much success but perhaps Bandmaster can send out a PM to all users with a message along the lines of "The 2015 DCI Season is just around the corner! We'd like to welcome all past, present and future Sound Machine members back to the discussion forum to discuss the activity we love! Haven't been to the site in awhile? We'd love to have you back!"

I'm sure there will be plenty of bounce-backs as not all users on here have current email addresses but it may be worth a try. Maybe a lame idea but it might be interesting to see who this wakes up.

We also need to get some new topics of discussion going on in the forums. It won't be easy to bring folks back if there is nothing being talked about.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:49 am 
Offline
All Star
All Star

Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:07 pm
Posts: 827
good idea!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:50 pm 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 29, 2002 6:13 pm
Posts: 654
Location: Upland, CA
chadwick wrote:
Not sure there would be much success but perhaps Bandmaster can send out a PM to all users with a message along the lines of "The 2015 DCI Season is just around the corner! We'd like to welcome all past, present and future Sound Machine members back to the discussion forum to discuss the activity we love! Haven't been to the site in awhile? We'd love to have you back!"

I'm sure there will be plenty of bounce-backs as not all users on here have current email addresses but it may be worth a try. Maybe a lame idea but it might be interesting to see who this wakes up.

We also need to get some new topics of discussion going on in the forums. It won't be easy to bring folks back if there is nothing being talked about.


I have been out of town all weekend, so I just noticed this thread. I also got a bunch of bounced back emails this morning so it looks you tried sending a lot of emails this morning. We'll have to see what happens. :tup:

_________________
Dave Schaafsma
The Sound Machine


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline
All Star
All Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 1701
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bandmaster wrote:
chadwick wrote:
Not sure there would be much success but perhaps Bandmaster can send out a PM to all users with a message along the lines of "The 2015 DCI Season is just around the corner! We'd like to welcome all past, present and future Sound Machine members back to the discussion forum to discuss the activity we love! Haven't been to the site in awhile? We'd love to have you back!"

I'm sure there will be plenty of bounce-backs as not all users on here have current email addresses but it may be worth a try. Maybe a lame idea but it might be interesting to see who this wakes up.

We also need to get some new topics of discussion going on in the forums. It won't be easy to bring folks back if there is nothing being talked about.


I have been out of town all weekend, so I just noticed this thread. I also got a bunch of bounced back emails this morning so it looks you tried sending a lot of emails this morning. We'll have to see what happens. :tup:



Yeah, I tried sending a lot of PMs today just to see but based on your comment that may have not been too successful. How many bounce backs did you see today?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:17 pm 
Offline
Soloist
Soloist
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 7:07 pm
Posts: 370
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
I really enjoyed this site and miss the good conversation here. The folks on the other corps site are a bit pretentious and full of of themselves. Folks have disagreements here too but it was always civil.


Last edited by Old School on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:00 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:30 pm
Posts: 83
Location: Augusta, Georgia
OK...Y'all

I'm back and ready to go. Have my tickets for Indy and can't wait. Won't be able to go to the Southeastern Championships at the Georgia Dome this year as I will be at a convention in St. Louis. Poor planning on my part!

_________________
SpiritDad 97-99
Georgia Southern University
Riverview HS Kiltie Band


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:32 am 
Offline
All Star
All Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 1701
Location: Atlanta, GA
Great to see a couple people back, hopefully more to follow!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wakeup Sound Machine!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:40 pm 
Offline
Support Staff
Support Staff
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 4:13 am
Posts: 4803
Location: Virginia
I'll be honest, I don't go to DCP but when I have time, I do look at the drum corps page on Facebook that Geoff created. I do miss a lot of the old members that once had this place rocking. Who knows, maybe they will slowly come back. :wink:

_________________
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Image


Top
 Profile E-mail  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group