The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need some help to make a good friends dream come true.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:07 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

What's up guys,
My buddy recently graduated from high school and is in college now. Before he gets too caught up in life problems he would really love to audition for some corps in DCI for this summer, but because his parents never made the best choices in life he is stuck paying everything for himself. He might not get the chance to do drum corps over the summer at this rate because of mainly the money problem. He is extremely talented and works hard so I have no doubt he will make the corps he wants.

I started a secret gofundme campaign and need every musician out there who understands how it can suck to not live you dreams because of money and help donate, even a little bit, to this cause.

https://www.gofundme.com/BFFdrumcorpsdream

Although I have had close friends privately donate we don't want him finding out too soon what I'm doing. The goal is set to 9000 which may seem high but honestly if we can get enough support it won't that hard. I just set it high so people are willing to donate more and incase he would like to do a couple of summers. Also some of the money is for him when he comes back so he can easily pay off his few bills and get back to work.

Thank you guys so much for taking a look and donating if you can. I'm not a drummer but I do understand the love for music.

Profile E-mail