Bridgemen are back

Discuss Senior and Alumni Corps events, news and other activities

Moderator: The Moderating Team

bumba_58
Veteran
Veteran

Bridgemen are back

Post by bumba_58 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:09 pm

Well, it's official; the Bridgemen had this past Sunday their first practice in 17 years. I heard they had a large turn out. Anyone else hear how this practice went? I was traveling on business and couldn't be there myself and haven't had the chance to give anyone a call.

Mike
All Star
All Star

Re: Bridgemen are back

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:50 am

bumba_58 wrote:Well, it's official; the Bridgemen had this past Sunday their first practice in 17 years. I heard they had a large turn out. Anyone else hear how this practice went? I was traveling on business and couldn't be there myself and haven't had the chance to give anyone a call.
Here is a thread on DCP about the weekend....

http://drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//inde ... opic=61726

Sounds like a raging success!!!!!

Mike

JMull
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by JMull » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:21 pm

BRIDGEMEN: I was at the first rehearsal. there were 17 sopranos, 10 mellophones (two who really wanted to be French Horns), 16 baritones, 3 contras, about 30 percussion and 18 color Guard. And a lot of "groupies." To quote George, "We don't sound like an alumni corps!" MULL

srmumz
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by srmumz » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:51 pm

WOW!
I would never of imagined that the Bridgemen would return.....let me think....one old worn out contra player....an hour and a half drive south of here.....

I wonder if they would take an ex-Kingsmen out here on the east coast????

I would probably never do it, but I sure can dream about it......wonder what the boys in the Dream would say if they saw me in a yellow coat????
'77-'78 Anaheim Kingsmen Contra

felixh
Veteran
Veteran

Get Down There Tim!

Post by felixh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:20 pm

srmumz wrote:WOW!
I would never of imagined that the Bridgemen would return.....let me think....one old worn out contra player....an hour and a half drive south of here.....

I wonder if they would take an ex-Kingsmen out here on the east coast????

I would probably never do it, but I sure can dream about it......wonder what the boys in the Dream would say if they saw me in a yellow coat????
Tim,

Get your butt down there! So close and part-time...I would jump on that opportunity in a heartbeat. Imagine the first exhibition....the crowd...the adrenaline....almost as good as coming off the line at CYO 1977 at Harvard Stadium......My friend, the Bridgemen are for you!!!!

Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
Alumni 8-)
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen
1979 Blue Devils
Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen
1979 Blue Devils - DCI Champions

Ballsy Hornline Coming To A Stadium Near You in 2006!

Dan Kelly
All Star
All Star

Post by Dan Kelly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Let's hope everyone will spread the word to get the Bridgemen voted into the top 12 routines of all time being shown on April 21st. Personally, I'm lobbying for the 77 season. Just like in politics, vote early and often.
Dan Kelly
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." BF

felixh
Veteran
Veteran

77 or 78

Post by felixh » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:12 pm

77 or 78 would be great. Even though I prefer the 1978 show for it's shear intensity, the 77 show was equally entertaining and the drumline was just awesome

Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
Alumni 8-)
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen
1979 Blue Devils
Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen
1979 Blue Devils - DCI Champions

Ballsy Hornline Coming To A Stadium Near You in 2006!

tomkaye
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by tomkaye » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:28 am

Check out the Official Bridgemen website at www.Bridgemen.info for more about what's happening in Bayonne.

There are still opportunities to be a part of something great this year, and entertaining our fans for many years to follow.

Tom K.
a 21st Century Bridgemen