Does this upset you?

Discuss Senior and Alumni Corps events, news and other activities

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Terri1957
All Star
All Star

Does this upset you?

Post by Terri1957 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:46 pm

It doesn't upset me at all. But boy are they upset on the senior corps forum on DCP. :lol: [img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/poppyseedbun/168661445.jpg[/img][/img]

Frontier
Rookie
Rookie

Major over-reaction

Post by Frontier » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 pm

:roll:

Doesn't upset me one bit
Chris Green
Director
Frontier

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

I'll Second That

Post by Jim Anello » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:20 pm

What I find hilarious is that Bush USED electronics in the warmups to their show a couple of years back, playing a recording of President Kennedy committing the nation to landing on the moon. There was no booing in prelims or finals. Yes, I know it wasn't after the show started, but it was part of the overall production. You'd think some of those "purists" would have been up in arms.

I said it on DCP and I'll repeat it here. If Bobby Hoffman were still alive, his corps would be using amps. Probably in a Frank Zappa Tribute.
Jim Anello

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Re: I'll Second That

Post by Hostrauser » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:04 pm

Jim Anello wrote:I said it on DCP and I'll repeat it here. If Bobby Hoffman were still alive, his corps would be using amps. Probably in a Frank Zappa Tribute.

That's a show I could definitely get behind. :tup:
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

SCVBaritone
Soloist
Soloist

Post by SCVBaritone » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:25 pm

Jim Anello wrote:I said it on DCP and I'll repeat it here. If Bobby Hoffman were still alive, his corps would be using amps. Probably in a Frank Zappa Tribute.

I believe that, and he would probably throw in something extra just to drop your jaw. I had the unique priviledge of meetimg Bobby when he was teaching the Stockton Commodores drill during the time Jim Ott was the horn arranger. They would crash at our place in Santa Clara and I remember Bobby capturing everyone's attention as he would rattle off outragerous ideas for uniforms and drills and he had that crazy laugh..the man was one of a kind and a drum corps genius. That was the fall of 1971. Do you think he would throw in a tribute also to Alice Cooper?

Ben
1969,70 SCV Contra
1971 SCV Baritone
1971 Winter Guard Instructor
1964-68 San Leandro Royalaires
SCV Alumni Assoc. 2008
SCV&BD Alumni Combined Corps 2007
SF Renegades 2009,2010,2012
2016-17 50th Anniversary SCV Alumni Corps

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Post by Jim Anello » Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:52 pm

SCVBaritone wrote:

I believe that, and he would probably throw in something extra just to drop your jaw. I had the unique priviledge of meetimg Bobby when he was teaching the Stockton Commodores drill during the time Jim Ott was the horn arranger. They would crash at our place in Santa Clara and I remember Bobby capturing everyone's attention as he would rattle off outragerous ideas for uniforms and drills and he had that crazy laugh..the man was one of a kind and a drum corps genius. That was the fall of 1971. Do you think he would throw in a tribute also to Alice Cooper?

Ben

I can see it all now...The Bridgemen, playing their production of "School's Out Forever!!"

Live snakes in the colorguard...oh, the mind reels just thinking about it.
Jim Anello

Terri1957
All Star
All Star

allright!

Post by Terri1957 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:09 pm

Thank you all for being cool. That's what I expected from the soundmachine crew. :D

Blurae1
All Star
All Star

Post by Blurae1 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:15 pm

I've played School's Out with my band at contest about 6 years ago. The judges were not amused. We did that in the same show with time warp. We were very entertaining, especially when the whole band fell down at the end.......Bill

Terri1957
All Star
All Star

Post by Terri1957 » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:16 pm

Jim Anello wrote:What I find hilarious is that Bush USED electronics in the warmups to their show a couple of years back, playing a recording of President Kennedy committing the nation to landing on the moon. There was no booing in prelims or finals. Yes, I know it wasn't after the show started, but it was part of the overall production. You'd think some of those "purists" would have been up in arms.

I said it on DCP and I'll repeat it here. If Bobby Hoffman were still alive, his corps would be using amps. Probably in a Frank Zappa Tribute.

St. Alphonso's pancake breakfast house perhaps? "they're so nice and fluffy white, they'll make a fortune by tonight. They are so nice and fluffy brown, they're the finest in the town.

$10 to Jim and Zappa. Jim has a zappatite.

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:40 am

Terri1957 wrote:$10 to Jim and Zappa. Jim has a zappatite.

You are what you is.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

Terri1957
All Star
All Star

Post by Terri1957 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:56 pm

exactly. :)

NO phoneys in this house.