Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Woodburn Oregon Scores
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:53 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Here are the scores for the show. I will follow with a review shortly in the events and review section.

Oregon Crusaders - 48.25
Pacific Crest - 71.30
Madison Scouts - 73.30
Seattle Cascades - 75.80
Santa Clara Vanguard - 80.60

Sorry no recaps, had to hi say to all the Scouts and then get the kids to bed.

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:31 am 
All Star
All Star

:shock:
2.50 points. Seattle is leaving Madison in the dust and closing in on Vanguard now. This is unbelievable.

As a famous movie character kept uttering: "Inconceivable!"

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 1:46 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

So yeah this is my first season of really being interested in drum corps, I have been involved with winterguard for like 2 years but never summer season but I am blown away by Seattle Cascades. People are really not happy about how they are beating Madison Scouts but remeber this is so early in the season. I also think that people shouldn't be booing when scouts recieved third. They worked hard and so did Seattle and just because Seattle doesn't have a history doesn't mean they don't deserve second. How do you think Scouts got the reputation they have? By doing the same thing Seattle is, so lets not trash them for working just as hard as everyone else! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:39 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Bell wrote:
So yeah this is my first season of really being interested in drum corps, I have been involved with winterguard for like 2 years but never summer season but I am blown away by Seattle Cascades. People are really not happy about how they are beating Madison Scouts but remeber this is so early in the season. I also think that people shouldn't be booing when scouts recieved third. They worked hard and so did Seattle and just because Seattle doesn't have a history doesn't mean they don't deserve second. How do you think Scouts got the reputation they have? By doing the same thing Seattle is, so lets not trash them for working just as hard as everyone else! :lol:

You are new to this arn't you....

No one is booing Seattle little Bell, it's the judges that are getting booed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:00 am 
Veteran
Veteran

it's still disrespectful to the efforts of the Seattle members and staff.

http://homepage.mac.com/headbox

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:18 am 
Veteran
Veteran

IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SEATTLE, THIS IS MUCH OLDER THEN SEATTLE, GIVE ME A BREAK........ The crowd is not making Seattle feel bad.... Seattle is doing a great job, can you imagin how it feels for them to be less the 5 points from SCV!!!!!

By the way there is this corp called "The Blue Coats" they are not being booed, so don't POST how the crowd is picking on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/i][/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:26 am 
All Star
All Star

With all due respect, just because the booing has been going on forever does not make it right. Booing is only allowable (and even then it's questionable IMO) when a corps is blatantly scored lower than they should be. Do you know for a fact that the Scouts were scored too low and the Cascades too high?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:45 am 
Veteran
Veteran

"The crowd is not making Seattle feel bad"

Give me a break. You think hearing people in the crowd were angry Scouts didn't beat Seattle made the Cascades jump for joy? Don't try to justify poor sportsmanship.

http://homepage.mac.com/headbox

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:53 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

I will add that the booing does have a negative effect on the corps that beats Madison. The kids wonder what they did wrong. I know because i have seen and heard it first hand and many students said it did bother them.
The judges are usually gone when the booing happens and never hear it, while the kids are on the same field and hear it every night at finale. After a few nights of this it DOES get to you. The booing sends a message that you felt the wrong corps was ahead!!! I have yet to read a review that said the results were wrong , so why the booing.
It is your right to boo the result or the judges if you wish ,but do not think it does not have an effect on the other group.
May i suggest you do what i have seen that works well for both , Clap Louder for Madison if you feel they deserve it!! Scream your head for them when the score is annouced, make the kids feel you really appreciate the effort they gave you ,the fan . Then you are rewarding the kids and not booing the result of another performance.
I have enjoyed reading all the reviews it truly helps keeping track of this very exciting summer.

Jeff Bridges
[/b]

Post subject: Who is closing the gap here?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:25 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

The only corps of that group closing the gap is SCV closing on the leaders. They have gone from over 10 behind the Cavies to under 5 behind in a week. And yes, I know we are comparing apples and oranges but I really believe Cavies, Cadets, BD and SCV will fight it out for 1-4, Phantom, Glassmen, Crossmen and BAC fight it out for 5-8 and the rest is a toss up.
Whatever happens - it's gonna be fun!

"INCONCEIVABLE!" Shawn Wallace playing Vizzini in The Princess Bride - one of my favorites!

8)

B(b)Shetts

P.S. Here, here for Seattle, Pacific Crest and Spirit for pushing the Traditional top 12. I would like to beleive it is because they are all getting better not others getting worse! [/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:42 pm 
Soloist
Soloist

I think booing is acceptable if you think the judges have shafted a corps. I think that booing DOES NOT affect the higher corps when the booing is for Madison because most corps know that Madison's scores are booed every night. Other corps scores being booed may be different.

With that said, the judges DO HEAR THE BOOING. They are making their way over to the back stands, sitting right behind the corps for critique when the scores are announced.

As far as Madison, I don't think anyone should be booing the judges cause they are right. Madison is being scored correctly. If you want to boo someone, boo their visual staff. Send your message to the only people that can change Madison's fate.....Madison's staff!

Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:08 pm 
All Star
All Star

I think booing is inappropriate also. Yeah, many people do know that Madison's scores often get booed, and many people may also know that the boos are for the judges. . .but think about what they are booing. The "fans" are booing the fact that corps A (in this case the Cascades) was put in front of Madison and they should not have been. So, put any kind of spin you want on it. Booing is poor sportsmanship, and I would doubt that it has no effects on the corps placing ahead of Madison. You are in essence saying that the Cascades got something they did not deserve. Call me thin-skinned, but if I were a member that would not sit well with me.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:54 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Keep booing the scores if you want... it's fine. I didn't see the show last night, so the people there may know something we don't.

All I ask, is that you cheer the corps as they enter and exit the field. The judges are adult, paid professionals, so a MINOR non-voilent protest (like booing) is quite acceptable.

I bet the Crusaders are dancing on the buses anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 2:56 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Ok so I really didn't mean to start a whole thing but I never said that people were booing Seattle. I said that they booed when Madison got third. I really don't know about the corps part of this whole thing like music and marching but from a colorguard stand point, Seattle did deserve to win. Not saying that Madison was bad but they weren't finished and it was painfully obvious. It was also obvious that they will be even more fantastic than what they were last night when they finish. They had one guard member out there just spinning his little heart out on sabre and frankly I have never seen someone work it on sabre like that. He was amazing, but while he was fantastic and having LONG solos, the rest of the guard just stood there or marched drill. So from that aspect, Seattle rightfully won and as soon as Madison is finished with the show then it will more than likely be different.

As for the whole booing issue, I was taught in my guard that booing is the most unprofessional thing that you can do. And this is high school so we based our whole professionalism off of drum corps and frankly people at high school marching band competitions are way more respectful than what I saw last night. This has NOTHING to do with the Seattle or Madison but the fans. I think its awesome how wonderful Seattle is doing. Seattle is going to be an interesting one to watch this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:17 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Poor SCV, they too had to feel the deep wound caused by the Drum Corp spectator's booing since they beat scouts too....

I bet the Cavie kids from the 2001 championship show are still suffering from the booing they heard after the Scout score was given last year for 11th place........

I know, lets stamp out booing the poor judges all together, we can also stop screaming out loud when we like a show or drill move....

Send me your money to help fund the "Booing leage one-world Mother's efforts." or "B.L.O.W.-M.E." for short...

In California it's against the Law to shout (cheer or other) at a little leage Baseball game (TRUE)....... sounds like a law right up your alley.....