The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Scores or Show Reviews?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:38 am 
All Star
All Star

Scores
If you're impatiently waiting for scores for a show that should be over by now, and no one's posted them here yet, try the DCI Scores page or the Sound Machine Scores page, or one of the other links under the Links to Other Sites/Other Drum Corps Links window in the upper right corner of this page. If you find them, please come back and post them here if nobody's beaten you to it. (Duplicate posts of scores may be deleted by a moderator if they contain no other information than what's already been posted here. Also subject to deletion are threads that do nothing more than whine, "Where are the East Skeeterville, Wisconsin scores??" Hey, if anybody here had them, they'd post them. Instead, look for them where we would look, at all the sites above. Remember, time zone differences and rain delays-- did you check the radar at weather.com?-- may mean that some scores aren't posted until the wee hours of the night where you are, and occasionally scores of smaller shows don't get posted by anybody until the next day.) Advantages of Sound Machine's score page are that scores of shows on the same day appear next to each other for easy comparison and feature links to the recaps once they're available.

Show Reviews
Some people email our host, Bandmaster Dave, very detailed and worthwhile reviews of shows, not all of which are also posted on this board. (It's not favoritism; they're posted wherever they're submitted, and anyone is welcome to submit reviews to either or both Sound Machine sites. Here, we can discuss your review; on Dave's page, your word is final unless somebody emails you.) You can find the additional Sound Machine show reviews (if any) on the Sound Machine Reviews page. Sometimes those take a few hours or a day to appear after submission. We encourage everyone who's been to a show to submit a review. People who can't be there very much enjoy hearing from those who have. Whether you take notes at a show and write a very detailed review of every unit appearing, or just offer some quick memorable impressions of some of the corps, and whether you're an expert or attending your very first show, your impressions are welcome here. Strong criticism is allowed, but remember, you may be stepping on a parent's or alumnus' or big fan's toes, so if you're not comfortable being flamed in return, you may do better expressing your criticism in a positive manner (such as "I'd have liked the show better if they caught the flags they tossed" instead of "The guard really blew chunks") :wink:.

Post subject: Where are the 2007 reviews?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

What am I doing wrong? I click on your "reviews" tab and end up in 2005?

DCAT (Drum Corps Alumni Toronto) 1996 - Present
Preston Scout House Alumni 2001 - Present
Bridgemen Alumni 2005 - Present

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:50 am 
All Star
All Star

Because this thread was originally posted in 2005 and that is the link to the 2005 reviews.

2007 Scores Page
2007 Reviews Page (though none have been posted yet, so you'll get an error page for now)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:51 am 
All Star
All Star

I updated Resume Hut's post, so all of his links should go to the current year's pages.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Scores
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:39 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Cadets won

-Bill