August 11-12, 2007-- Madison, WI Resume Hut review (LONG)

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Mike
All Star
All Star

Post by Mike » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:45 pm

Jim Anello wrote:
I don't know if Crown was the first corps to get to the crowd, but they certainly DID make the connection. I didn't know a single tune they played, but they certainly sold them to me. I know earlier this month I wondered about Madison beating them in horns and drums, but losing to them in ensemble. I think I understand why they were winning ensemble - they really put that horn sound out to the audience.

One of my favorites over the weekend.
My favorite corps of the year...though I realize the weakness in percussion put them where they probably belonged.

I loved BK as well, plus The Cadets, Regiment, and SCV.

jazzer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jazzer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:05 pm

This is so well done that I am forced to copy it, seal it in an envelope and hide it for when I watch the DVDS!!

C'mon and get here already Sept. 5th!!!! At least some of RH's words/liner notes will apply.

Again-thanks for a great review.
"Every healthy child would improvise if we let them"

Resume Hut
All Star
All Star

Post by Resume Hut » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:03 pm

Thank you, all, for all the kind remarks about the review.
Terri1957 wrote: [funny moment from Madison]:

Before BD's show, a guy in section EE, where we were, yelled "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

I thought I was gonna die. :lol:
I wish I'd heard that one! That's great!

Another funny moment... though maybe I only dreamed this one :wink:... the frat house out on Breese Terrace hosting a kegger in celebration of Wisconsin's 28-3 win over Michigan and their 28-3 win over Ohio State.
"These are the roots of rhythm and the roots of rhythm remain"-- Paul Simon

Terri1957
All Star
All Star

Post by Terri1957 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:12 pm

Resume Hut wrote:and[/i] their 28-3 win over Ohio State.
Oh for the love of God, Jim avert your eyes. Fast! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(every poor schmuck in a Wisconsin shirt this weekend had to hear about how great and fantastic the Buckeyes are this year from "someone")