First Weekend Reviews...

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Mrs. H
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Mrs. H » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Abalone those were not butterflies, but mythological winged horses, as in the name of the first section, Pegasus.

abalone
Soloist
Soloist

Post by abalone » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:49 pm

Mrs. H wrote:Abalone those were not butterflies, but mythological winged horses, as in the name of the first section, Pegasus.
Well, I guess that would make more sense. :hum:

Although you can probably understand why, looking at the Blue Devils guard, the first image that popped into my head was not a huge, lumbering, ponderous horse. :knight:
"Sounds like a bunch 'abalone' to me." --Brian T.

Ghost
All Star
All Star

Post by Ghost » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm

chadwick wrote: The Cadets - Hmmmmm...interesting way to start the show. Narration in your face...very 'DCI Documentary'. I hate to say this, but I had to force myself to listen to the whole thing....I really hoped to not be disappointed by The Cadets show this year, but right now, I am. The music, well...it sounds great...volume is intense, articulation very clear. But the constant talking is just not for me, it sounds like the music is background to the narration. :roll:

Have to listen to the rest later :)
Didn't Santa Clara play some of this music several years ago? Other than that, there's too much diarrhea of the mouth! :td:

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Ghost wrote:Didn't Santa Clara play some of this music several years ago?
Both SCV and Crossmen played Blue Shades back in 1999, and Spirit played it just last year.
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti