4. Madison Scouts 63.55
5. Southwind 58.20

No recaps yet.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:01 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

I see Blue Coats still hanging on Cadets tails!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Glassmen over Madison hasn't happened in a while either.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:19 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Maybe since 2001 or 2002.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:16 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

I know scores don't always reflect what will happen in August. For example corps A beating corps B now could change once corps B gets their show cleaned. Sometimes it takes longer to clean a more difficult package.

In '81 at the beginning of the season, we were beat by Holy Family Defenders.....they were clean.....we weren't finished. When August rolled around, it wasn't even close. :wink:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:18 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:

Boy... they just need to get that colorguard score in order... and it will be a different outcome. The point difference is almost exclusive to that one catagory of the visual score.

I also noticed that the 'Coats lost hold of their music ensemble domination... I have a feeling that they can easily get that back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:44 am 
All Star
All Star

CFI BLOOO wrote:
Malibu wrote:

Boy... they just need to get that colorguard score in order... and it will be a different outcome. The point difference is almost exclusive to that one catagory of the visual score.

I also noticed that the 'Coats lost hold of their music ensemble domination... I have a feeling that they can easily get that back.

Well, considering the report on Cadets guard is not good, we shall see. Whatever Cadets are scoring in guard now, it will probably only go up. They have a young guard that is reportedly pretty dirty right now. It will be interesting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:54 am 
All Star
All Star

TXMystreaux wrote:
CFI BLOOO wrote:
Malibu wrote:

Well, considering the report on Cadets guard is not good, we shall see. Whatever Cadets are scoring in guard now, it will probably only go up. They have a young guard that is reportedly pretty dirty right now. It will be interesting.

Really?!

Colorguard was the Cadets highest-scoring subcaption last night... and when I saw them at the beginning of the week, they looked quite solid.

'Coats on the other hand had lots of guard parts missing... were dirty... and were still not uniformed (as in not having their show uniforms yet... what ever they look like).

I'm surprised to hear that the Cadet's guard is apparently a weaker section... when their score indicates that it is the strongest (by a very slight margin).

The 'Coats actually won GE (by a slight margin that was bolstered by their GE music lead)... and they actually won the Music caption (again by a slight margin that was bostered by their comand on the percussion subcaptions, and close competition in brass and ensemble)... The only caption that they lost was the Visual... and a full point of that loss came from the colorgard... ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:25 am 
All Star
All Star

CFI BLOOO wrote:
TXMystreaux wrote:
CFI BLOOO wrote:
Malibu wrote:

Really?!

Colorguard was the Cadets highest-scoring subcaption last night... and when I saw them at the beginning of the week, they looked quite solid.

'Coats on the other hand had lots of guard parts missing... were dirty... and were still not uniformed (as in not having their show uniforms yet... what ever they look like).

I'm surprised to hear that the Cadet's guard is apparently a weaker section... when their score indicates that it is the strongest (by a very slight margin).

The 'Coats actually won GE (by a slight margin that was bolstered by their GE music lead)... and they actually won the Music caption (again by a slight margin that was bostered by their comand on the percussion subcaptions, and close competition in brass and ensemble)... The only caption that they lost was the Visual... and a full point of that loss came from the colorgard... ouch.

Word is the bulk of the Cadets guard is 19 or younger, with very few vets and actually a few very talented 16 year olds.

The vids I have seen of them, the guard is fairly weak, but then again, most guards this time of year look weak. They have had the least amount of time to learn their part of the show.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things pan out.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:05 am 
All Star
All Star

hmmmm....

Well, they seem to be doing well now. They were certainly within close competition range of the Cavies in Pittsburgh the other day (as can be seen in their scores for that night).

Anyway,
thanks for the insight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:06 pm 
All Star
All Star

I relize this is a little off topic, but as we are talking about uniforms, guards etc., is there any truth to the rumor that guard uniforms are bought 1 or 2 sizes too small to accomodate weight loss over the summer? I ask this in all seriousness...........Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:17 am 
All Star
All Star

I don't know about that... kinda hard to imagine that they would want them to be "uncomfortable" at any time of the season...

However, it is true that the corps uniforms are often fitted tight at the start of the season with the assumption that there will be a bit of weight loss.

It is also true that several uniforms will be likely to undergo alterations by the uni-moms :wink: at several points in the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:29 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

CFI BLOOO wrote:
I don't know about that... kinda hard to imagine that they would want them to be "uncomfortable" at any time of the season...

However, it is true that the corps uniforms are often fitted tight at the start of the season with the assumption that there will be a bit of weight loss.

It is also true that several uniforms will be likely to undergo alterations by the uni-moms :wink: at several points in the season.

I had to get mine altered twice in one summer. My uniform was just hanging on me because I had lost so much weight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:38 am 
All Star
All Star

hahaha...

I weighed in at a whopping 128 lbs on my age out year... BEFORE the season began.

metabolism...

Anyway... when I was fitted... I said "I dunno... this is kind of tight, and I am not exactly a heavy person..."

They laughed at me... and said "you'll lose some weight... trust us"

I did lose a couple of pounds in the first couple of weeks, and it fit great after that.