* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 6-23 in GA.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:41 am 
All Star
All Star

http://www.dci.org/scores/detail.cfm?ev ... 15a9c26353

Interesting that Boston has very little improvement after three nights. Dropped back last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:40 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Nothing like a little Boston bad luck to bring Ghost out...flame bait, and I think at this point, most everyone ignores your lures, but I'll bite.

Ghost, if you actually LOOK at the recaps, you'll notice incremental improvement in many of the subcaptions from Friday to Saturday night. The Vis Ensemble score dropped almost 2 points from Friday to Saturday, possibly reflective of the tear I read about on the 'other' forum.

You'll also notice that both Crown's and Spirit's scores also went down, although certainly not as much as Boston's--so you're right, Boston did "drop back" last night. So did Spirit, and so did Crown. I fail to see how that's a review. Were you there? Tell us what you saw from your seats.

I'd love to know the source of your repeated negativity towards Boston. (Anyone who doubts my claim just has to read Ghost's posting history.) Were you cut? Did you not get offered a staff position? Did Boston beat your corps? Or are you upset that Boston's still around and your corps isn't? (No disrespect intended to folded corps.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:24 am 
All Star
All Star

Arnold wrote:
Nothing like a little Boston bad luck to bring Ghost out...flame bait, and I think at this point, most everyone ignores your lures, but I'll bite.

Ghost, if you actually LOOK at the recaps, you'll notice incremental improvement in many of the subcaptions from Friday to Saturday night. The Vis Ensemble score dropped almost 2 points from Friday to Saturday, possibly reflective of the tear I read about on the 'other' forum.

You'll also notice that both Crown's and Spirit's scores also went down, although certainly not as much as Boston's--so you're right, Boston did "drop back" last night. So did Spirit, and so did Crown. I fail to see how that's a review. Were you there? Tell us what you saw from your seats.

I'd love to know the source of your repeated negativity towards Boston. (Anyone who doubts my claim just has to read Ghost's posting history.) Were you cut? Did you not get offered a staff position? Did Boston beat your corps? Or are you upset that Boston's still around and your corps isn't? (No disrespect intended to folded corps.)

Calm down, dude. He just made a factual statement about the scores and you went on a rant about it. It seems Boston people get the most defensive about their corps and boy sometimes is it annoying!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:44 am 
Veteran
Veteran

TXMystreaux wrote:
Arnold wrote:

Calm down, dude. He just made a factual statement about the scores and you went on a rant about it. It seems Boston people get the most defensive about their corps and boy sometimes is it annoying!

Just like the 60's. When you talk negitive about Boston. Next thing you know there is fight.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:01 pm 
All Star
All Star

Your first post ARNOLD my boy and you try to sound like a veteran on this site. You should have posted more if you know any history of the folks who submit posts on a regular basis. Not much under a members name tells their history.

I marched in Boston four decades ago with CODI and Dan. I recall the previous Director, Cronin having a goal of winning a championship in a few years. He was gone shortly after those wishes, but not because of them. I don't see that committment from Harold.

If any corps is still around because of it's alumni, it just might be Boston. For years, Boston survived because of the donations from their alumni and DCI when they had very few members for a Div. I corps. We're from the "If they keep score, then lets bust are asses to win the damn contest" era. This isn't mite soccer where they've tried in some parts of the country to do away with keeping scores.

In two weekends, the slotting will have officially been completed. Some of the corps listed in the Blue Knights scoring site http://www.bknights.org/scores/standings.aspalready will know they have no chance at a medal and that is sad. But, please bust your butts and we'll have a good time until the season is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:51 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Ghost,

I wasn't trying to sound like a veteran of Sound Machine, just trying to sound articulate. I must confess, I've been lurking for quite a while, but your initial post was enough to finally get me to come out and ask 'why the animosity?' These forums should probably have a 3 day waiting period before new members can post in anger...

I'm glad to hear you marched Boston--so did I. Which makes it more confusing as to why you seem to never have anything good to say about BAC. There's no question that you have the right to say whatever you want...it just gets old, and I would expect more from someone who wore the red and black. Or at the very least, "I disagree with your program choices and the direction the current director and staff are taking and that's why you went down in GA last night, but I still support this organization (or at the very least the current members)." I would be more inclined to let this go if I saw anything positive coming from you regarding our (yours, mine, and many others') drum corps.

I'm here looking for a show review, because I heard the show was good and want to live vicariously through someone who saw it last night. Why are you here? If it's to wonder why Boston went down between SC and GA, I offered an answer. If it's to bash Boston--well, good for you--I don't think I'll waste more time on you, but I thought I'd give it shot this morning.

We probably agree about a lot of things...your comment about the slotting is unfortunate and probably pretty accurate. What did you think of my assessment of why the number went down last night? That was part of my original point. I hope they do better at the next show. Do you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:48 pm 
All Star
All Star

Ghost wrote:
In two weekends, the slotting will have officially been completed. Some of the corps listed in the Blue Knights scoring site http://www.bknights.org/scores/standings.asp ...

Anyone else notice that Acedemy is not listed on the BK site? I believe thay would hold the 10th best score as of now having broken 70 already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:34 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Well if any of you marched Boston state your name my name is Mike Stevens I marched 1 year 1990 before that I never thought I would march Boston.

GO BAC!

Mike

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:40 pm 
All Star
All Star

xsabers wrote:
Anyone else notice that Acedemy is not listed on the BK site? I believe thay would hold the 10th best score as of now having broken 70 already.

Academy could really make a dent this year in the 7th through 10th final grouping. That might really tick off some folks!