6/29th in Westminster, MD

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Ghost
All Star
All Star

6/29th in Westminster, MD

Post by Ghost » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:26 am

craiga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by craiga » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:05 am

Boston is WAY UP in showmanship, excitement and fan approval! Every review posted so far this year (even from those who don't consider themselves fans of the corps) have raved about BAC having the best, most engaging, and most exciting shows in awhile. Congratulations to the members, staff, board of directors, and Director Howard Weinstein for putting together such a spectacular corps for 07!

To the members directly: We alumni are EXTREMELY PROUD of each and every one of you!

Eat'em up, BOSTON!

Ghost
All Star
All Star

Post by Ghost » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:05 am

And when Craiga will some of us alumni see a spike in scores for this unbelievable show and actually contend for a top three? Or do corps who have a different goal just ignore the recaps? By the way. Did you get permission from CODI to use the eat 'em up Boston phrase?

craiga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by craiga » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:42 pm

Hmmm...the Boston Crusaders that I marched in refused to let themselves be defined by judges' numbers. And, it is a tribute to CODI that corps members use the "Eat'em Up Boston" phrase to this day. These kids and staff respect those who came before...just ask them the next time you are at a show cheering them on.

Ghost
All Star
All Star

Post by Ghost » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:11 pm

craiga wrote:Hmmm...the Boston Crusaders that I marched in refused to let themselves be defined by judges' numbers.
We did too. The snares, if they felt they were wrongly scored, would toss their sticks at the feet of the drum judge during retreat, or some "horn" players would toss their gloves at the horn judge(s).