Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Atlanta web cast
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:39 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I was only able to view Bluecoats and on, and Wow, what energy from each of these corps, wish I were there. Maybe some movement in the top four? Phantom moves up or closes the gap?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:21 pm 
All Star
All Star

Interesting changes. Colts going up in the world. That's the best I've seen them in many years, maybe their best yet. The interior show was great to my ears.

I don't think BK was better than the colts.

BAC improved from prelims to finals.

Carolina Crown, wow, they were the surprise of the night to me. I thought they were in 4th for certain.

Phantom's show is a little dry till you get to Firebird, then an explosion occurs.

The top 3. I've always liked Cavies in the past, but I believe BD is head to head with them. Cadets for all that has been said about the voice overs, still has a fabulous sound a hard drill and great execution. Be that as it may, I don't think they have the same level show as Cavies & BD.

Just an observation- Much has been said about the same corps winning over & over. Watching the afternoon performances, at the end of each corps they showed a close up of the corps. I didn't pick up on it immediately, but at the end of the show, I didn't see a lot of them blowing. I mean they weren't all out of breath. If you look at the top corps, at the end of the show, it looks like they are going to pass out. They are sweating badly & out of breath. Just an observation.........Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:57 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, I'm proud of my Colts - they've been working hard all season. Their horns are crisp and their drum and drill instructors have raised the bar in that organization exponentially.

I cannot believe that Cadets drill - it just never. stops.

Sonically, the Bluecoats show is a massive step up from last year's terrific show. Such beautiful music to complement their maturity and progress.

I agree Blue Knights show maybe be just a bit more technically well-performed, but it doesn't draw me in like the Colts' show.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Captions
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:51 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Phantom appears less competitive in GE and Visual, but strong elsewhere. Do they have the staff that can write changes to bring those caption scores up. Bluecoats were very impressive. I do think the top three are very close, though in years past the Devils while technically proficient where lacking emotion, this year explosive. Best year ever for crown.

Profile E-mail