9 Blue Knights 79.850
GE 32.500 8 Visual 23.550 9 Music 23.800 9
10 Colts 77.900
GE 31.700 10 Visual 22.600 10 Music 23.600 10
11 Glassmen 74.900
GE 30.500 11 Visual 21.850 11 Music 22.550 12
12 Spirit from JSU 74.025
GE 29.800 12 Visual 21.500 12 Music 22.725 11

Interestingly, Blue Devils did not win any of the big 3 captions!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:59 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

What was interesting to me was that BD took 5th in brass.

Winston
Freelancers 94'
SCV 95',96'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:55 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

GO VANGUARD! wrote:

Winston
Freelancers 94'
SCV 95',96'

I thought the scores were very interesting in brass & percussion. The top 5 actually are very close in most captions. If you look at brass, they are within 10s from 1-5. I think percussion is that close too.

We have a real dogfight going into Pasadena. It will be anybody's championship. I think it will be very interesting. If Madison cleans their show up, I think they can now make finals. I thought Blue Stars should have been in tonight. I like their show better than Spirits. Sorry to you Spirit fans, but Blue Stars show is more interesting to me.

Laredo, Texas

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:10 am 
All Star
All Star

Blue Stars should have been in. . .true, and Troopers are getting hosed as well.

I plan on writing some more thoughts from yesterday later but don't have time now.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:34 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Notice how close the top 7 are.....two points!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:36 am 
All Star
All Star

I love the Cadets show! This is a championship caliber concept. Much to my chagrin, I even get the narration. It should stay (I can't believe I just said that!), but it needs tweaking to get it to match the impact points a little better (ie Lincoln Portrait). I think the female voices in the narration lend more to the overall timbre of the corps than the fellas. The boys' voices just aren't deep enough! HAHA! Don't you have any baritones or basses in that corps? 8-) Also, I think that a little more effort should go into word emphasis, so the voices have more dramatic effect. They should be part of the MUSICAL content. Right?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:49 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

cwbjr67 wrote:
I love the Cadets show! This is a championship caliber concept. Much to my chagrin, I even get the narration. It should stay (I can't believe I just said that!), but it needs tweaking to get it to match the impact points a little better (ie Lincoln Portrait). I think the female voices in the narration lend more to the overall timbre of the corps than the fellas. The boys' voices just aren't deep enough! HAHA! Don't you have any baritones or basses in that corps? 8-) Also, I think that a little more effort should go into word emphasis, so the voices have more dramatic effect. They should be part of the MUSICAL content. Right?

I agree that this a championship caliber concept. I also believe that there are several shows that could win in a normal year. This year, there are several championship level shows. This is great for the fans and activity. Now, we just need to get more corps in the activity again.

Laredo, Texas

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 pm 
All Star
All Star

GO VANGUARD! wrote:

Winston
Freelancers 94'
SCV 95',96'

And 5th in guard! :shock:

Bluecoats took High Brass
Carolina Crown was 2nd in Guard

The Cavaliers drumline finished 5th
The Cadets guard placed 4th (neither the Cadets nor the Blue Devils in the Top 3 in guard? Are we in the Twilight Zone?)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:02 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Hostrauser wrote:
GO VANGUARD! wrote:

Winston
Freelancers 94'
SCV 95',96'

And 5th in guard! :shock:

Bluecoats took High Brass
Carolina Crown was 2nd in Guard

The Cavaliers drumline finished 5th
The Cadets guard placed 4th (neither the Cadets nor the Blue Devils in the Top 3 in guard? Are we in the Twilight Zone?)

I saw Crown's guard in Allentown and they are crazy good! Townsend is doing an excellent job with that guard! :tup:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:18 am 
All Star
All Star

cavies79 wrote:
cwbjr67 wrote:

I agree that this a championship caliber concept. I also believe that there are several shows that could win in a normal year. This year, there are several championship level shows. This is great for the fans and activity. Now, we just need to get more corps in the activity again.

Totally in agreement! I don't know if I agree that PR's show is lacking in the first half like I've read on this board. It cooks! So many great shows this year. It's like the ol' days again. Wouldn't it be great if more corps got in and we had season after season like this. Loads of fun!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:21 am 
All Star
All Star

cwbjr67 wrote:
cavies79 wrote:
cwbjr67 wrote:

Totally in agreement! I don't know if I agree that PR's show is lacking in the first half like I've read on this board. It cooks! So many great shows this year. It's like the ol' days again. Wouldn't it be great if more corps got in and we had season after season like this. Loads of fun!

The problem with Phantom, yet again, is the visual program. You have really poorly designed guard unis which look more like scarecrows or indian costumes and don't help sell the show at all. Then you have a field muddled with shields that seem to serve no real purpose other than to clutter the drill. Then on top of all of that, the drill is top 8 at best. The jazz run people have been raving over is a mess.

Musically, this corps is really good, but the visual program, if not changed quite a bit should land this corps no higher than 5th or 6th.

Profile E-mail