Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: San Antonio Finals
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:37 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

I know this does not REALLY help anyone, but Regiment got 6th....thats all I know right now. I will fill in more as I get info!

Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Place Corps Score
Division I
1 Blue Devils 91.350
2 The Cavaliers 90.925
3 The Cadets 90.250
4 Bluecoats 89.075
5 Carolina Crown 87.925
6 Phantom Regiment 87.375
7 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.250
8 Boston Crusaders 84.500
9 Blue Knights 81.300
10 The Academy 78.975
11 Colts 78.825
12 Glassmen 77.900

Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Scores.............
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:04 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Here are the complete evening scores.....

Blue Devils 91.350
Cavaliers 90.925
Cadets 90.250
Bluecoats 89.075
Carolina Crown 87.925
Phantom Regiment 87.375
SCV 86.250
Boston Crusaders 84.500
Blue Knights 81.300
The Academy 78.975
Colts 78.825
Glassmen 77.900

OK...................3 weeks to go. Crown made a nice move tonight, although PR will come right back at them (they'll go back and forth IMO). What's up with SCV???? They started the season by BEATING the Blue Devils - now a FIVE point gap. Is it a design issue? Are the members struggling from a performance standpoint? Bad food? It's a mystery for me, so for those of you that were at the show tonight I would love your input on this. The Academy looks pretty "real" to me..........but they're not a lock for finals YET (the 10-12 spots for finals are still up for grabs if you ask Blue Stars, Crossmen and Spirit). Madison is still climbing so they're not out of it yet either!! It also looks like Mandarins really suffered for being off the national tour for so long..........but I CAN see them making a strong push for a semifinals slot.

Gaps are starting to open up, so we're now starting to see some clarity as far as rankings are concerned. A LOT can happen in 3 weeks though, so I'm not prepared to make any kind of predictions yet!! I would say the top 3 look pretty solid, but Bluecoats COULD sneak in there. There will be a battle for 5-7......I think. The BIGGEST battle will be the 10-15 slots...........it's going to be a real dogfight for 6 or 7 corps to get those last 3 spots in finals.

Congrats to Crown (for a great achievement tonight) and to The Academy (what a GREAT showing by a 1st year Div. 1 corps).....the next 3 weeks are going to be fun!! :)

P.S. - Sorry for double posting the scores......I started this post BEFORE Darren posted the complete scores!!!

Guangxi Arts College, Nanning, China

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:59 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Surprises everywhere! Wish I had a chance to see The Academy, but will have to wait for the DVD.

One interesting note though: Glassmen got a .9 penalty. What the heck was that for? Kind of surprising to be getting a penalty at a major regional. Corps usually have things ironed out by now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 am 
All Star
All Star

MST wrote:
Glassmen got a .9 penalty. What the heck was that for? Kind of surprising to be getting a penalty at a major regional. Corps usually have things ironed out by now!

Bluecoats took a .2 hit and Phantom was docked .3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:18 am 
All Star
All Star

Yeah, our top three is taking shape...too bad there isn't someone new in there. Maybe Bluecoats edge closer. Very excited to see Crown jump to 5th....and I hope they keep it. I bet the crowd went nuts when SCV was announced in 7th, Phantom in 6th and then Crown in 5th.

Boston must have really turned it on last night or maybe Blue Knights had an off night, but 3+ gap between the two is surprising given that they were within .5 of each other in Atlanta.

I'm excited for The Academy to break the top 12 in their first year, but I am disappointed for Blue Stars. I think that show is very worthy of Finals and will be disappointed if they don't make it. Watch out Glassmen....I thought they were definitely in Finals, now they have to fight for it.

Should be an interesting last few weeks!

Post subject: Re: Scores.............
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 am 
Soloist
Soloist

joninchina wrote:
Here are the complete evening scores.....

Blue Devils 91.350
Cavaliers 90.925
Cadets 90.250
Bluecoats 89.075
Carolina Crown 87.925
Phantom Regiment 87.375
SCV 86.250
Boston Crusaders 84.500
Blue Knights 81.300
The Academy 78.975
Colts 78.825
Glassmen 77.900

OK...................3 weeks to go. Crown made a nice move tonight, although PR will come right back at them (they'll go back and forth IMO). What's up with SCV???? They started the season by BEATING the Blue Devils - now a FIVE point gap. Is it a design issue? Are the members struggling from a performance standpoint? Bad food? It's a mystery for me, so for those of you that were at the show tonight I would love your input on this. The Academy looks pretty "real" to me..........but they're not a lock for finals YET (the 10-12 spots for finals are still up for grabs if you ask Blue Stars, Crossmen and Spirit). Madison is still climbing so they're not out of it yet either!! It also looks like Mandarins really suffered for being off the national tour for so long..........but I CAN see them making a strong push for a semifinals slot.

Gaps are starting to open up, so we're now starting to see some clarity as far as rankings are concerned. A LOT can happen in 3 weeks though, so I'm not prepared to make any kind of predictions yet!! I would say the top 3 look pretty solid, but Bluecoats COULD sneak in there. There will be a battle for 5-7......I think. The BIGGEST battle will be the 10-15 slots...........it's going to be a real dogfight for 6 or 7 corps to get those last 3 spots in finals.

Congrats to Crown (for a great achievement tonight) and to The Academy (what a GREAT showing by a 1st year Div. 1 corps).....the next 3 weeks are going to be fun!! :)

P.S. - Sorry for double posting the scores......I started this post BEFORE Darren posted the complete scores!!!

What's going on with SCV is a mystery, down at the hall as well and the scv alumni groups are'nt saying much either....I wish the heck I knew why there's such a big score gap. It don't make sense to me.

Ben

1964-68 San Leandro Royalaires
SCV Alumni Assoc. 2008
SCV&BD Alumni Combined Corps 2007
SF Renegades 2009,2010,2012
2016-17 50th Anniversary SCV Alumni Corps

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:53 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Crown's show is one of my favorites this year. When I saw them in Allentown, I thought their package was complete except for a weak drumline. Perhaps they have been addressing that issue.

Congrats Crown for the improvements you've made! Keep it up!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:42 pm 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
Crown's show is one of my favorites this year. When I saw them in Allentown, I thought their package was complete except for a weak drumline. Perhaps they have been addressing that issue.

Congrats Crown for the improvements you've made! Keep it up!

Crown's drumline may not be one of the best but they are far from weak. They have been at some shows scoring right near the big boys.

Profile E-mail