San Antonio Finals

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Post Reply
Reg_Contra_95_99
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

San Antonio Finals

Post by Reg_Contra_95_99 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:37 pm

I know this does not REALLY help anyone, but Regiment got 6th....thats all I know right now. I will fill in more as I get info!
Darren Dukart
Phantom Regiment - Contra, 1995-1999
Spirit of JSU - Baritone Visual Tech, 2005
Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current

Reg_Contra_95_99
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:22 pm
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Update

Post by Reg_Contra_95_99 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 pm

Place Corps Score
Division I
1 Blue Devils 91.350
2 The Cavaliers 90.925
3 The Cadets 90.250
4 Bluecoats 89.075
5 Carolina Crown 87.925
6 Phantom Regiment 87.375
7 Santa Clara Vanguard 86.250
8 Boston Crusaders 84.500
9 Blue Knights 81.300
10 The Academy 78.975
11 Colts 78.825
12 Glassmen 77.900
Darren Dukart
Phantom Regiment - Contra, 1995-1999
Spirit of JSU - Baritone Visual Tech, 2005
Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current

User avatar
joninchina
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: Nanning, China

Scores.............

Post by joninchina » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:04 pm

Here are the complete evening scores.....


Blue Devils 91.350
Cavaliers 90.925
Cadets 90.250
Bluecoats 89.075
Carolina Crown 87.925
Phantom Regiment 87.375
SCV 86.250
Boston Crusaders 84.500
Blue Knights 81.300
The Academy 78.975
Colts 78.825
Glassmen 77.900

OK...................3 weeks to go. Crown made a nice move tonight, although PR will come right back at them (they'll go back and forth IMO). What's up with SCV???? They started the season by BEATING the Blue Devils - now a FIVE point gap. Is it a design issue? Are the members struggling from a performance standpoint? Bad food? It's a mystery for me, so for those of you that were at the show tonight I would love your input on this. The Academy looks pretty "real" to me..........but they're not a lock for finals YET (the 10-12 spots for finals are still up for grabs if you ask Blue Stars, Crossmen and Spirit). Madison is still climbing so they're not out of it yet either!! It also looks like Mandarins really suffered for being off the national tour for so long..........but I CAN see them making a strong push for a semifinals slot.

Gaps are starting to open up, so we're now starting to see some clarity as far as rankings are concerned. A LOT can happen in 3 weeks though, so I'm not prepared to make any kind of predictions yet!! I would say the top 3 look pretty solid, but Bluecoats COULD sneak in there. There will be a battle for 5-7......I think. The BIGGEST battle will be the 10-15 slots...........it's going to be a real dogfight for 6 or 7 corps to get those last 3 spots in finals.

Congrats to Crown (for a great achievement tonight) and to The Academy (what a GREAT showing by a 1st year Div. 1 corps).....the next 3 weeks are going to be fun!! :)

P.S. - Sorry for double posting the scores......I started this post BEFORE Darren posted the complete scores!!!
SCV lead baritone 1979-1981
SCV alumni corps 2002
Wind symphony/orchestra director
Guangxi Arts College, Nanning, China

User avatar
MST
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 206
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:07 pm
Location: Illinois

Post by MST » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:59 am

Surprises everywhere! Wish I had a chance to see The Academy, but will have to wait for the DVD.

One interesting note though: Glassmen got a .9 penalty. What the heck was that for? Kind of surprising to be getting a penalty at a major regional. Corps usually have things ironed out by now!
When life gives you lemons...ask for tequila and salt.

Ghost
All Star
All Star
Posts: 1111
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:15 pm

Post by Ghost » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:41 am

MST wrote:Glassmen got a .9 penalty. What the heck was that for? Kind of surprising to be getting a penalty at a major regional. Corps usually have things ironed out by now!


Bluecoats took a .2 hit and Phantom was docked .3.

User avatar
chadwick
All Star
All Star
Posts: 1701
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:37 am
Location: Atlanta, GA
Contact:

Post by chadwick » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:18 am

Yeah, our top three is taking shape...too bad there isn't someone new in there. Maybe Bluecoats edge closer. Very excited to see Crown jump to 5th....and I hope they keep it. I bet the crowd went nuts when SCV was announced in 7th, Phantom in 6th and then Crown in 5th.

Boston must have really turned it on last night or maybe Blue Knights had an off night, but 3+ gap between the two is surprising given that they were within .5 of each other in Atlanta.

I'm excited for The Academy to break the top 12 in their first year, but I am disappointed for Blue Stars. I think that show is very worthy of Finals and will be disappointed if they don't make it. Watch out Glassmen....I thought they were definitely in Finals, now they have to fight for it.

Should be an interesting last few weeks!

User avatar
SCVBaritone
Soloist
Soloist
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:24 pm
Location: Milpitas, Ca

Re: Scores.............

Post by SCVBaritone » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 am

joninchina wrote:Here are the complete evening scores.....


Blue Devils 91.350
Cavaliers 90.925
Cadets 90.250
Bluecoats 89.075
Carolina Crown 87.925
Phantom Regiment 87.375
SCV 86.250
Boston Crusaders 84.500
Blue Knights 81.300
The Academy 78.975
Colts 78.825
Glassmen 77.900

OK...................3 weeks to go. Crown made a nice move tonight, although PR will come right back at them (they'll go back and forth IMO). What's up with SCV???? They started the season by BEATING the Blue Devils - now a FIVE point gap. Is it a design issue? Are the members struggling from a performance standpoint? Bad food? It's a mystery for me, so for those of you that were at the show tonight I would love your input on this. The Academy looks pretty "real" to me..........but they're not a lock for finals YET (the 10-12 spots for finals are still up for grabs if you ask Blue Stars, Crossmen and Spirit). Madison is still climbing so they're not out of it yet either!! It also looks like Mandarins really suffered for being off the national tour for so long..........but I CAN see them making a strong push for a semifinals slot.

Gaps are starting to open up, so we're now starting to see some clarity as far as rankings are concerned. A LOT can happen in 3 weeks though, so I'm not prepared to make any kind of predictions yet!! I would say the top 3 look pretty solid, but Bluecoats COULD sneak in there. There will be a battle for 5-7......I think. The BIGGEST battle will be the 10-15 slots...........it's going to be a real dogfight for 6 or 7 corps to get those last 3 spots in finals.

Congrats to Crown (for a great achievement tonight) and to The Academy (what a GREAT showing by a 1st year Div. 1 corps).....the next 3 weeks are going to be fun!! :)

P.S. - Sorry for double posting the scores......I started this post BEFORE Darren posted the complete scores!!!


What's going on with SCV is a mystery, down at the hall as well and the scv alumni groups are'nt saying much either....I wish the heck I knew why there's such a big score gap. It don't make sense to me.

Ben
1969,70 SCV Contra
1971 SCV Baritone
1971 Winter Guard Instructor
1964-68 San Leandro Royalaires
SCV Alumni Assoc. 2008
SCV&BD Alumni Combined Corps 2007
SF Renegades 2009,2010,2012
2016-17 50th Anniversary SCV Alumni Corps

User avatar
Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff
Posts: 4803
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 4:13 am
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Post by Malibu » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:53 am

Crown's show is one of my favorites this year. When I saw them in Allentown, I thought their package was complete except for a weak drumline. Perhaps they have been addressing that issue.

Congrats Crown for the improvements you've made! Keep it up!
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Image

User avatar
LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star
Posts: 4374
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 12:00 pm
Location: Leesville, LA

Post by LAMystreaux » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Malibu wrote:Crown's show is one of my favorites this year. When I saw them in Allentown, I thought their package was complete except for a weak drumline. Perhaps they have been addressing that issue.

Congrats Crown for the improvements you've made! Keep it up!



Crown's drumline may not be one of the best but they are far from weak. They have been at some shows scoring right near the big boys.
Just because your hate is masked by "free thinking" or being "open-minded" does not make it right.

Post Reply