7/28 - Denver, CO

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

7/28 - Denver, CO

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:25 pm

91.675 The Cadets
89.750 Bluecoats
89.250 Carolina Crown
88.425 Santa Clara Vanguard
86.000 Blue Knights
81.400 Glassmen
80.425 The Academy
78.500 Crossmen
76.250 Pacific Crest
75.550 Seattle Cascades
73.575 Troopers
73.100 Mandarins
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:27 pm

Noteworthy Caption scores...

Vanguard wins GE Visual

Carolina Crown wins Color Guard by almost a full POINT over the second-place Cadets (18.5 to 17.6)

The Cadets top the Bluecoats by 0.1 for Brass, and also win Percussion
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by Malibu » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:19 am

Micheal Townsend knows what he's doing and he is proving it with Crown's guard! :bow:
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

chadwick
All Star
All Star

Post by chadwick » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:23 am

Wow...way to go Crown! I love the Bluecoats this year but I'd love to see Crown move higher with this show. Quite disappointed to see Cadets that far up on Bluecoats though....I really hoped they could close that gap and make a run for the top.

Interesting Visual scores. As Kevin pointed out SCV takes first...Bluecoats nearly in 5th! Crown FINALLY getting some credit for that brass tieing Cadets for 1st in the Music caption. And Crown's percussion scores looking so much better than last year. I think Crown has a chance of moving as high as 4th this year.

I think it is safe to say that Pacific Crest will likely take that 17th spot and the last spot in Semis unless Cascades have something up their sleeve. Troopers seem to have leveled out and unless they can step it up, they aren't going to make Semis this year.

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

Post by Hostrauser » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:28 pm

chadwick wrote:I think it is safe to say that Pacific Crest will likely take that 17th spot and the last spot in Semis unless Cascades have something up their sleeve. Troopers seem to have leveled out and unless they can step it up, they aren't going to make Semis this year.
I dunno. I think it's FAR easier to leap from 20th to 17th than it is to leap from, say, 5th to 3rd. Pacific Crest has the inside track to 17th right now, but I wouldn't count out the Cascades, Southwind or even the Troopers. Yes, the Troop had a disappointing score on Saturday... but on Thursday they were ahead of the Cascades and only a point behind the Crossmen (safely ahead of Pacific Crest if that spread held up in Denver). So I think the potential to jump up is there.
-- Joseph Baretti