Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some Semi's scores
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:21 pm 
All Star
All Star

Phantom Regiment 95.400 (+0.800 from 94.600)
Santa Clara Vanguard 94.050 (+0.850 from 93.200)
Carolina Crown 93.875 (+0.550 from 93.325)
Bluecoats 93.750 (+0.050 from 93.700)

SCV shoots past both Crown and 'Coats!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Some Semi's scores
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:22 pm 
All Star
All Star

Jazzman wrote:
Phantom Regiment 95.400 (+0.800 from 94.600)
Santa Clara Vanguard 94.050 (+0.850 from 93.200)
Carolina Crown 93.875 (+0.550 from 93.325)
Bluecoats 93.750 (+0.050 from 93.700)

SCV shoots past both Crown and 'Coats!!

Amazing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:44 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Wow!

I knew they had it in them! (Dont look at my "Pasadena predictions" post - I don't think I had them moving up like this.) :oops:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:55 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Blue Devils 97.300
The Cadets 97.250

Hoo boy, tomorrow should be fun....

Post subject: Watching
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:33 am 
Rookie
Rookie

online which of course is not like being there, it seemed liked the crowd really got into Phantom especially the ending when you could hear the crowd energy 15 seconds before the end, Cavs seemed flat to me. Cadets appeared energized and was not suprised by SCV move in placement due to their performance. Any thoughts?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:06 am 
All Star
All Star

TURKEY wrote:
Blue Devils 97.300
The Cadets 97.250

Hoo boy, tomorrow should be fun....

So BD only went up 0.100 from quarters and Cadets improved 1.025. Did Cadets really get that much better overnight? Did BD stay flat, saving it for Finals? Inquiriing minds want to know!! :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:09 am 
All Star
All Star

I think this will be the year we see a switch at the top, or at least we should see that if the shows are performed as they were last night.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Watching
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:11 am 
All Star
All Star

poyntafter wrote:
it seemed liked the crowd really got into Phantom especially the ending when you could hear the crowd energy 15 seconds before the end, ...

This seems to happen at every Championship week lately. There are a lot of Phantom Phans out there that just love it when they turn up the bpm machine and fly around playing perfectly the whole time and then top it off with a signature leg kickout. Wow! Gives me goosebumps just writing about it - wish I was there this year to see it live!! Go Phantom Regiment!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:18 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

poyntafter wrote:
online which of course is not like being there, it seemed liked the crowd really got into Phantom especially the ending when you could hear the crowd energy 15 seconds before the end, Cavs seemed flat to me. Cadets appeared energized and was not suprised by SCV move in placement due to their performance. Any thoughts?

Was it me or did the crowd not go nuts over Cadets? :shock: Honestly, I think their show is very demanding, more so than what Blue Devils are doing......but I don't think the crowd is with them. Maybe it was just the fact it was Semis and not a lot of folks were there. Looked like a lot of empty seats.
What was up with all the empty seats down front???
:shock:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:20 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Jazzman wrote:
poyntafter wrote:
it seemed liked the crowd really got into Phantom especially the ending when you could hear the crowd energy 15 seconds before the end, ...

This seems to happen at every Championship week lately. There are a lot of Phantom Phans out there that just love it when they turn up the bpm machine and fly around playing perfectly the whole time and then top it off with a signature leg kickout. Wow! Gives me goosebumps just writing about it - wish I was there this year to see it live!! Go Phantom Regiment!!

First time I saw their horn line jazz running across the field while playing Firebird got the old heart thumping! It is amazing.....what an ending!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:50 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Malibu wrote:
poyntafter wrote:

Was it me or did the crowd not go nuts over Cadets? :shock: Honestly, I think their show is very demanding, more so than what Blue Devils are doing......but I don't think the crowd is with them. Maybe it was just the fact it was Semis and not a lot of folks were there. Looked like a lot of empty seats.

Miss Malibu I was at Semi's and the seats you are referring to down front were used for the age-outs and staff. I think the brain trust from the Kingsmen Alumni Corps brainwashed DCI to put them up front for the KAC performance so they could have their faces blown off and to remind the guard members what a BAD A** Guard looks like up close. Color Guard members don't smile. :twisted:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:55 pm 
All Star
All Star

Laubster wrote:

Miss Malibu I was at Semi's and the seats you are referring to down front were used for the age-outs and staff. I think the brain trust from the Kingsmen Alumni Corps brainwashed DCI to put them up front for the KAC performance so they could have their faces blown off and to remind the guard members what a BAD A** Guard looks like up close. Color Guard members don't smile. :twisted:

Oh goodness. Sorry. What they did was fantastic for their age and nice as a nostalgic type of thing, but lets not go overboard. Much of what guards do these days is much more bada$$ than they ever thought about being back then. You can't even really compare what corps these days do with what Kingsmen were doing decades ago.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:03 pm 
All Star
All Star

Jazzman wrote:
Did BD stay flat, saving it for Finals? Inquiriing minds want to know!! :lol:

Don't know if they were flat, but on Theatre Thursday, when the horn line marched towards the pit, box formation, at an angle, and quickly, those white stripes (not the correct term) on the pants showed many members out of step. That's a pretty good visual hit right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:10 pm 
All Star
All Star

Ghost wrote:
Jazzman wrote:
Did BD stay flat, saving it for Finals? Inquiriing minds want to know!! :lol:

Don't know if they were flat, but on Theatre Thursday, when the horn line marched towards the pit, box formation, at an angle, and quickly, those white stripes (not the correct term) on the pants showed many members out of step. That's a pretty good visual hit right there.

Well they did not win visual Thursday night. Maybe the judge saw it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 am 
All Star
All Star

Malibu wrote:
poyntafter wrote:

I though attendance at Semis was pretty strong. And no, the crowd was not over enthusiastic during or after the cadets show. Polite applause and the obligatory standing O at the end (every show got at least that).