3 Colts 65.900
5 Blue Stars 65.100
6 Madison Scouts 64.700

Open Class
1 Colt Cadets 58.900

All age corps
1 Minnesota Brass, Inc. 70.000
2 Govenaires 61.125

Spread between Phantom and Crown is surprising; had expected more from Crown. Exciting to see the rest of the pack so close together though...is Madison back for real???? Time will tell!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:37 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Back for real? They lost to the Blue Stars and the Colts! Im NOT trying to say anything negative about either of these two corps since everyone SHOULD know I am a HUGE suporter of the little guy or underdog (heck, I cheer for all Minnesota Sports teams!). Back, for the Madison Scouts would be in the top 6 again! I feel bad for Madison! I wish them the best of luck all season long!

Blue Knights - Tuba Brass Tech, 2010
Woodland Park High School Director of Bands, 2006 - Current

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:40 pm 
All Star
All Star

Yeah, geez, finishing 1.20 points behind the corps that finished 8th at Finals last year, the Scouts SUCK this year. :roll:

Sorry, but I don't feel that the Scouts need to reach the level of 1995 or 1988 to be "back." Finals is "back." And yes, it's a bit early to tell, but it's hard to say the 2008 Scouts are failures because they're "only" hanging with the 8th-12th place corps.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:54 am 
All Star
All Star

When the colorguard judge gets added in Madison may move up based on that alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:40 am 
All Star
All Star

rysa4 wrote:
When the colorguard judge gets added in Madison may move up based on that alone.

From what I have read, so will the Blue Stars and Crossmen, who are both fielding strong guards.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:50 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Hostrauser wrote:
Yeah, geez, finishing 1.20 points behind the corps that finished 8th at Finals last year, the Scouts SUCK this year. :roll:

Sorry, but I don't feel that the Scouts need to reach the level of 1995 or 1988 to be "back." Finals is "back." And yes, it's a bit early to tell, but it's hard to say the 2008 Scouts are failures because they're "only" hanging with the 8th-12th place corps.

Im not going to argue with you, I am NOT saying the scouts suck. I am simply saying that they are not the scouts I remember. I feel bad for them, they should be scoring better and retaining more members from year to year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:02 am 
All Star
All Star

Reg_Contra_95_99 wrote:
I feel bad for them, they should be scoring better and retaining more members from year to year.

Why? Because they're "the Scouts"?

I guess it could be not what you're saying but how you're saying it that bothers me. It's that use of "should": it seems to imply that they are failing because they aren't returning 120 kids and in the Top 6 every year. The Scouts are not far removed from some pretty major organizational changes, including one of the most major staff "purges" I've seen from a Division I corps in the past 15-20 years (IMO).

Maybe in another few years we can start talking about massive retention and Top 10 expectations every year. But for now I think the corps, its kids, and its current staff deserve a whole lot of slack in the expectations department.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:45 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Hostrauser wrote:
Reg_Contra_95_99 wrote:
I feel bad for them, they should be scoring better and retaining more members from year to year.

Why? Because they're "the Scouts"?

I guess it could be not what you're saying but how you're saying it that bothers me. It's that use of "should": it seems to imply that they are failing because they aren't returning 120 kids and in the Top 6 every year. The Scouts are not far removed from some pretty major organizational changes, including one of the most major staff "purges" I've seen from a Division I corps in the past 15-20 years (IMO).

Maybe in another few years we can start talking about massive retention and Top 10 expectations every year. But for now I think the corps, its kids, and its current staff deserve a whole lot of slack in the expectations department.

Now we are getting closer in our opinions. I feel bad because of the growing pains they have had to endure. Yes, they have come a LONG way from the major overhaul that has happened. I feel bad because I know where they have been, I know where they are now. No, when I was in Regiment is was not AS bad, but it was pretty bad. In 1999 for everydays we had ONE visual instructor and that was an age out from the year before.

I am sorry if the way that I said what I did sounded harsh, I didnt mean for it to. We all must remember that text loses a LOT of the context versus speech.

I respect every group and what they attempt to do every year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm 
All Star
All Star

"I am sorry if the way that I said what I did sounded harsh, I didnt mean for it to. We all must remember that text loses a LOT of the context versus speech. "

I agree with you. Text loses a LOT of the context versus speech.