6/29 - Naperville, IL

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

chadwick
All Star
All Star

6/29 - Naperville, IL

Post by chadwick » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:48 am

World Class
1. The Cavaliers - 79.7
2. The Cadets - 78.1
3. Carolina Crown - 76.3
4. Blue Knights - 71.5
5. Blue Stars - 71.4
6. Spirit - 69.5
7. Madison Scouts - 66.5
8. Pioneer - 61.7

I haven't seen the show, but it bothers me to see the Cadets so close to the Cavies and ahead of Crown given all the negative reviews I have read of their show. I'm not sure I have read one review from someone who actually enjoyed it. Yes, many reviews point out how talented the corps is, but if the show isn't good, why is it scoring so high?

On a side note, I wish I lived in Illinois...they seem to get quite a few shows in that state!

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Re: 6/29 - Naperville, IL

Post by LAMystreaux » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:52 am

chadwick wrote:World Class
1. The Cavaliers - 79.7
2. The Cadets - 78.1
3. Carolina Crown - 76.3
4. Blue Knights - 71.5
5. Blue Stars - 71.4
6. Spirit - 69.5
7. Madison Scouts - 66.5
8. Pioneer - 61.7

I haven't seen the show, but it bothers me to see the Cadets so close to the Cavies and ahead of Crown given all the negative reviews I have read of their show. I'm not sure I have read one review from someone who actually enjoyed it. Yes, many reviews point out how talented the corps is, but if the show isn't good, why is it scoring so high?

On a side note, I wish I lived in Illinois...they seem to get quite a few shows in that state!
I think it is purely performance right now. The Cadets are quite a bit cleaner. Crown could very well pass them once they clean given the potential of their design.
Just because your hate is masked by "free thinking" or being "open-minded" does not make it right.

cavies79
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by cavies79 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 am

From what I could see on DCI Fan Network, Cavaliers still have some dirty moments. I believe once they clean up their show, they will be definitely battling BD and a few others for #1. BTW, was it me or does Madison have several holes in their guard and tuba (contra) spots? I could have sworn that the guard was uneven in the opener. Also, I thought I saw several tuba holes. Maybe I was thinking a different corps?
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas