Lafayette Review

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Re: Lafayette Review

Post by Jim Anello » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:38 am

cwbjr67 wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:On that note, I completely disagree with The Cadets (or George's) notion of happiness and how it is easy to attain. Although I feel being positive is something we should all strive to be in our daily lives, true happiness was never promised to us and in the end only comes from One Source.
Preachin' to the choir, my beloved friend! 8-) Yes, you can see elements of pantheism and relativism in this year's show. Great conclusion!
Couldn't agree more. If it would be that easy to be happy, there would be a lot more happy people in the world.

I get the idea the Cadets seem to be expressing, that happiness doesn't come from pursuing the things of this world. But there's a reason why the poet said, "Tis a GIFT to be simple." If the Cadets had 30-60 seconds of performance time available to them, I'd love it if they could work that tune into their show.
Jim Anello

LAMystreaux
All Star
All Star

Re: Lafayette Review

Post by LAMystreaux » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:15 am

Jim Anello wrote:
cwbjr67 wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:On that note, I completely disagree with The Cadets (or George's) notion of happiness and how it is easy to attain. Although I feel being positive is something we should all strive to be in our daily lives, true happiness was never promised to us and in the end only comes from One Source.
Preachin' to the choir, my beloved friend! 8-) Yes, you can see elements of pantheism and relativism in this year's show. Great conclusion!
Couldn't agree more. If it would be that easy to be happy, there would be a lot more happy people in the world.

I get the idea the Cadets seem to be expressing, that happiness doesn't come from pursuing the things of this world. But there's a reason why the poet said, "Tis a GIFT to be simple." If the Cadets had 30-60 seconds of performance time available to them, I'd love it if they could work that tune into their show.
You and me both, and it would work perfectly.
Just because your hate is masked by "free thinking" or being "open-minded" does not make it right.