The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:13 pm 
All Star
All Star

frankiE wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:
I guess they forgot to add the part in where the mom was beaten a few times by the dad and had to leave him. :roll:

Although I agree the previous post was stretching it a bit, I find it disturbing that an educator would find this to be a humorous response.

My wife is a teacher and comes back from school sometimes heartbroken over hearing of just such an event.

On top of that, males in American society are villified enough without having other males making light of fathers.

I guess you missed my sarcasm. My response was in kind. I felt the original point was silly and a stretch (as you admit, yourself) so I responded in kind.

My point was really that there are single parents out there everywhere who are single for various reasons. The breakup of a marriage is not always a bad thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:15 pm 
All Star
All Star

NOBAMA NOHOPPY, 1 down... wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:
My point remains that griping about the grandmother not being married is pretty silly.

Ok, then why not say that? Why turn it into another defense of Poor George?

I know, old habits... :wink:

I guess for the same reason you feel compelled to point out my "defense". No different.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:58 pm 
All Star
All Star

LAMystreaux wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:
My point remains that griping about the grandmother not being married is pretty silly.

I guess for the same reason you feel compelled to point out my "defense". No different.

No, because your "defense" was/is actual, not inferred by me whereas your accusation of "pinning" something on Hopkins was clearly speculation on your part...BIG difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 pm 
All Star
All Star

LAMystreaux wrote:
LAMystreaux wrote:

No, because your "defense" was/is actual, not inferred by me whereas your accusation of "pinning" something on Hopkins was clearly speculation on your part...BIG difference.

It's not a far stretch, but nice try. Anyone who has been on this board for a while, like yourself, would know the history Mo has with George/YEA!. It is not some made up, pulling out of thin air assumption for me to make.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:07 pm 
All Star
All Star

Must we have an argument over Hopkins/Cadets/LAMystreaux on every single effin' thread on this site? :x

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2