* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nightbeat follow up - Poyntafter
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:32 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Post subject: Charlotte response from Crown Board Committee member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I interpret his response as accepting of the negative comments regarding the venue. Crown has taken quite a leap in sophistication and it is my hope the venue will match.
I want to personally thank him for responding to my concerns. Thank you. Drum Coprs is a family type event and my daughter will be six next year, and I hope to bring her to a show with a Charlotte type of line-up, for a first experience. Please, please a suitable venue. Each year I/we introduce drum corps to a newbie, this year no exception. And without exception, their reactions to such a lineup Cavies, Blue Devils, Crown was one of awe. For me and my wife, this alone provides such gratification, the genuine appreciation for what these kids and young adults do on a football field. And, this year Crown does us all proud...thanks for the old school brassline over the color guard. Did you hear the "oooohs!

PS: Please give great consideration on venue. Some of the fear that I saw in these childrens faces and in those of their parents made me think of mine. While I may have posted my concerns, they do in fact echo many.

Profile E-mail