Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BAC CONGRATULATIONS!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:56 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

As we are sailing off the coast on this beautiful Sunday Afternoon, we all have to say congrats!!!!

I did not realize that this was basically a "rookie corps" that is a feather in your cap!!!

Hopefully, you will stay together, and get to know each other, and come back next year even stronger!!!!

I read where the avg age is only seventeen. Just imagine staying together for the next 4 years, and you won't have to worry about "HW", you will be able to grow!

Looking forward to viewing the DVD. We did not get to go to your show in Lawrence, since it was on a Thurs. night, and we had to go to work the next day.

It is hard to imagine the season is over, I can remember marching in Somerville Mass in mid October in a Jr/Sr show. If I remember the Jrs. were Camb Cabs(in their final appearance, they folded the next year!
SKEK, I.C. "Reveries, and Majestic Knights, Boston Crusaders, and the Sr. portion of the show had N. Y. Skyliners, Interstatesmen, Marksmen, and if I am not mistaked Somerville "Thunderbirds"!!

I talked to somone today, who told me that at least 5 or 6 of the top 12, are in financial difficullty, and could face going bankrupt!!

Just rumor, don't kill the messenger!!!

We are heading back to the harbor, and we are heading to our fav. place to have a cold beer, and a lobster salad roll!!!

Groucho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:02 pm 
All Star
All Star

I saw Boston in Charleston and thought they had one of the most entertaining shows along with PR and Blue Stars.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:32 pm 
All Star
All Star

Groucho, I am very good friends with a BAC parent. 110 rookies were in that corps. I got to see a lot of them over the past three days, including their final practice run-through on Friday (and you know what a hoot THAT was). Fine organization with a lot of supportive parents. If they can hold onto their kids, the corps' future is bright.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:06 am 
All Star
All Star

Can any BAC supporter explain what the headress the guard wore at Allentown symbolized :?:

The headress was gone at Bloomington :!: ( cinema quarters )

Someone was raging that it was the perfect addition and was so right, all I could think of was Martin the Martian or Diego de la whatever from Captain from Castille. :!:

Last edited by frankiE on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:25 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Jim:

What happened to all the kids that were in the corps last year?

I know there manager was "fired" and the majority of the corps was from

Fla, did they go with him?

"BAC" was and still is a "GIANT"!!!!!

Groucho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:26 am 
All Star
All Star

Not really sure about what happened to all last year's kids. From what I was told, a good number, maybe 20, marched in this year's Cadets.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 am 
All Star
All Star

Jim Anello wrote:
Not really sure about what happened to all last year's kids. From what I was told, a good number, maybe 20, marched in this year's Cadets.
l

Makes sense - last year there was a blurb on the YEA website about Howard Weinstein becoming a part of the USSBA operation, but when you list the staff lately there is no listing for HW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am 
Veteran
Veteran

frankiE wrote:
Can any BAC supporter explain what the headress the guard wore at Allentown symbolized :?:

The headress was gone at Bloomington :!: ( cinema quarters )

Someone was raging that it was the perfect addition and was so right, all I could think of was Martin the Martian or Diego de la whatever from Captain from Castille. :!:

The headgear including the large plumes were ordered when the uniforms were. They used them for a couple weeks or so mid-season, but I think the guard found them to be kind of cumbersome when they were trying to do their work/movement. I wasn't around for the end of tour, but I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to go without because of performance concerns.

Last edited by craiga on Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:34 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Jim Anello wrote:

Actually, people were joking that the Cadets had more BAC vets than did BAC! The irony is that of the 113 rookies, most had no drum corps experience.....the season ended with very high morale, so stay tuned for an 09 season with a much more experienced corps from Boston.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: BAC CONGRATULATIONS!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:17 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Groucho wrote:
We are heading back to the harbor, and we are heading to our fav. place to have a cold beer, and a lobster salad roll!!!

Groucho

Did you guys sell your house and now are living on a boat? 8-)

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:39 pm 
All Star
All Star

Just so everyone knows, BAC brought the headgear back on Finals night.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:51 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Cool!! I did not know that, but I'm glad. I think they added another layer of effect, and I agree that they DO evoke the look from the movie Captain from Castile, which, of course, is where "Conquest" comes from.

Can't wait for the DVD!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

No we did not sell our house!!!

We just enjoy being on our boat, since the season is so short!!

With work we are both on the road, I am heading for the green mountain state, and try to sell some software to the State of Vermont.

Bruce is now in Boston having a meeting with an up an coming bank, also trying to update their software.

Needless to say when we are on the "Weekender", we set some time aside for work, but then come Sat. Afternoon, and the rest of the weekend it is "balls to the walls"!!!

We figure we have maybe only 4 weeks to go before we will have to add a "hoodie" to our garb!!!!

We are on vacation next week, and we will be setting sail to Rockport, Mass.

We are looking forward to spending a few days looking at all the gallerys
and shops!!

We were there a few years ago and we died for it!!!

Groucho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am 
All Star
All Star

frankiE wrote:
Jim Anello wrote:
l

Makes sense - last year there was a blurb on the YEA website about Howard Weinstein becoming a part of the USSBA operation, but when you list the staff lately there is no listing for HW

There was another blurb even before he was supposed to start at YEA!that said that he was not able to take the position, though I forget why.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I spoke with a buddy of mine today down in the Jersey area, and he told me that after Howard was "fired" by BAC, that he contacted "Hoppy", and they were going to work together with Garfield.

He said that lastest about 1 week because the two egos were like splitting an atom!!!!

He told me that Howard is back in Fla. selling real estate!!!

Now that we are in a recession, he must be making big bucks!!!!!!

Once again congrats to the guys, and gals, staff, and parents!!!

Hope you all stay together, and not jump from corps to corps

Loyality means a lot !!!!!

Groucho