June 28 Stockton, CA Scores

Post your impressions and opinions of shows and events, and report scores for use in our scores page

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Malibu
Support Staff
Support Staff

June 28 Stockton, CA Scores

Post by Malibu » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:09 am

World Class

1 Blue Devils 81.650

2 SCV 79.750

3 Bluecoats 77.450

4 BK 72.350

5 Troopers 69.700

6 Mandarins 65.150

WOW! Taking about possible inflation of scores! :shock: Will be interesting when the west coast meets the rest! :jedi:
Malibu
Crossmen Alumni

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Re: June 28 Stockton, CA Scores

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:30 am

Perhaps, but after seeing BD, I have no question that they could be leading the pack by a couple of points. Whether they can hold that or not I can't say...
What, it should be Spartacuses??

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

abalone
Soloist
Soloist

Post by abalone » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:17 pm

I have to agree with Spartici's (that would be the singular possessive form of a plural noun!) rant from the Clovis show about the amps. SCV, BD, and Blooo all turned their amps up waaay too loud. It doesn't seem to be hurting them with the judges, but I don't like it. In years past, I never thought the amps affected the way the brass sounded, but in these shows, the brass seemed noticeably louder when they happened to be standing by a pit microphone.

That said, SCV has put together a marvelous, emotional show of old drum corps standards. Many will love it (as I did); many will decry its lack of innovation. But at least they developed a melody or two.
"Sounds like a bunch 'abalone' to me." --Brian T.

Machine
All Star
All Star

Post by Machine » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:01 pm

That's a bunch of abalone...... :lol: Nah.... actually I agree with you.

BTW - What a blast from the past, when's the last time you posted?

abalone
Soloist
Soloist

Post by abalone » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 am

I must have posted sometime in the last year. But actually I've been a bit distant since I moved to Northern California three years ago. This may or may not change as I will be moving again (to Taiwan) in the next few months. A shakeup in one's life always brings about unexpected changes. One thing that I am sad about is that this year's Stockton show might be my last live drum corps show for several years unless DCI decides to open up a new Asian circuit. And no matter how good technology gets, web simulcasts and other electronic reproductions will never convey the full impact of a live performance. :cry:
"Sounds like a bunch 'abalone' to me." --Brian T.