Drum Line scores to determine top four placements this year

Discussion covering all aspects of drum corps percussion

Moderator: The Moderating Team

rysa4
All Star
All Star

Drum Line scores to determine top four placements this year

Post by rysa4 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:02 pm

OK so who has been watching the drumline scores these past few weeks? Is Crown that good or that bad? Can the Cadets really take top drums?

Answer: Its getting tough to discern the top lines when they all play well, but that's just it, the lines performances change from show to show.

Crown is close consistently to BD in all of the captions except for drums. Phantom is overall ahead of the Cadets except in drums.

best guess for finals? BD wins and the Cadets take third, with Carolina Crown second and Phantom in fourth. Not a very risky guess I suppose, but interesting that the drumline scores will point the way.

rysa4
All Star
All Star

Re: Drum Line scores to determine top four placements this year

Post by rysa4 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:11 pm

..and the Bluecoats get the Rodney Dangerfield award this season... their line is really really good, and they don't get the positive attention they deserve.

buckofan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by buckofan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:30 am

I'm not a drummer so I can't really tell good from bad (particularly at that level). But the whole scoring system is disgusting. Gone are the days when corps move up or down [sometimes on back-to-back days]. Yeah, there is movement occasionally but no real upsets anymore. Sad but true. :(

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Post by Jim Anello » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 am

buckofan wrote:I'm not a drummer so I can't really tell good from bad (particularly at that level). But the whole scoring system is disgusting. Gone are the days when corps move up or down [sometimes on back-to-back days]. Yeah, there is movement occasionally but no real upsets anymore. Sad but true. :(
Maybe that isn't happening with the top 6 corps, but the Cavies, Madison and Boston have sure been swapping placements over the last three weeks.
Jim Anello