Discussion topics covering the brass player's experiences and needs

Moderator: The Moderating Team

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:15 pm

srmumz wrote:Charley,
Do you remember me...???
OHS Tuba (Ziggy Jr. days), Kingsmen Contra, West Coast express(w/ziggy jr.) - just kind of hung out....Man it seemed were ever I was marching you were laying out the drill
West Coast Express was my first drum corps experience. I went through two winters (didn't march 79 due to family illness and the corps folded before the 1980 season, so I went to the San Jose Raiders).

WCE was a fun group though!
What, it should be Spartacuses??

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

asummers
Rookie
Rookie

Post by asummers » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:48 pm

as far as a drummer would remember............the loudest horn line i remember is Spirit in 81??? Finals at Olympic stadium in Montreal......they made the seats shake, I was without a word of a lie scared the seating levels were going to start collapsing......
Andrew

chasgroh
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chasgroh » Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:55 am

Charley,
Do you remember me...???
OHS Tuba (Ziggy Jr. days), Kingsmen Contra, West Coast express(w/ziggy jr.) - just kind of hung out....Man it seemed were ever I was marching you were laying out the drill

...Mummert? (I want to say "Tim"?)...yeah, I guess? LOL...how ya doin'?
...only dead fish go with the flow.

felixh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by felixh » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:58 pm

BigMo wrote:THIS IS A NO BRAINER............

SPIRIT OF ATLANTA 1979-1982

BigMo
a.k.a. SpiritDad 97-99

:wav:
I would only add Spirit of Atlanta 1978....they were just as loud as 1979!
Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen
1979 Blue Devils - DCI Champions

Ballsy Hornline Coming To A Stadium Near You in 2006!

felixh
Veteran
Veteran

WCE 1978-79 Winterguard

Post by felixh » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:25 pm

Hey xsabers, did you march in the West Coast Express Winterguard in 78-79? If you did, I just wanted to know who you were. I marched in the WCE Winterguard and it was a lot of fun with Carey Avila and the bunch. I was at a Winterguard show in Oakland in late Fall 1978 when I was approached about the possibility of marching with the Blue Devils in 1979...what a small world!
Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Re: WCE 1978-79 Winterguard

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:00 am

felixh wrote:Hey xsabers, did you march in the West Coast Express Winterguard in 78-79? If you did, I just wanted to know who you were. I marched in the WCE Winterguard and it was a lot of fun with Carey Avila and the bunch. I was at a Winterguard show in Oakland in late Fall 1978 when I was approached about the possibility of marching with the Blue Devils in 1979...what a small world!
Let's check my memory here... WCE 78-79 Winterguard... :hum:

Was that the show with Queen's "Fat Bottom Girls", Kansas' "Song for America', and something by U.K?

Great program that I only saw from the stands. I was in the drum line. A few of us from San Diego stayed at Debbie Parardi's house. I knew a lot of the guard from that year.
What, it should be Spartacuses??

Music is like candy; to get to the good stuff, you have to remove the rappers...

felixh
Veteran
Veteran

Wce

Post by felixh » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:42 am

WCE needed extra guard members and I knew absolutely nothing about guard other than what I saw in the Kingsmen. I used to attend the initial colorguard rehearsals at Magnolia High School in Anaheim. I also remember seeing WCE at the UOP show in Stockton in 79. My memories of that time are kind of sketchy at best.....thanks for jogging my memory.
Felix Hernandez
Baritone/Euphonium
1977-78 Anaheim Kingsmen