The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 11:22 pm 
All Star
All Star

Ever seen the Oregon football team? Cavies are almost an exact match except substituting more green instead of black. Even down to the O's on the sleeves and the numbers on the back! Freaky..... The Neon Green Machine.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:52 am 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Machine wrote:
Ever seen the Oregon football team? Cavies are almost an exact match except substituting more green instead of black. Even down to the O's on the sleeves and the numbers on the back! Freaky..... The Neon Green Machine.

I had the same thought. Thought I was seeing pictures of the Marching Ducks drill team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:37 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I am on old fart who likes the old and the new. I have not seen Cavies guard uniforms in person, only the pics........

in my opinion.......

WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THE DESIGNER THINKING!

True, it gets your attnetion. But not everyone looks good in a body hugging uniform. Just look at the pics.

Please, get rid of those uniforms quickly!

BigMo
a.k.a. SpiritDad 97-99
:wav:

Post subject: Uhh, Yeah...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:47 am 
All Star
All Star

BigMo wrote:

WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS THE DESIGNER THINKING!

I'm sure that I'm being judgemental and that guard uniforms, especially, arre meant to be moved in, that a still picture doesn't do them justice,

still,

everyone now knows without doubt that

Cavies and their show

have the total package

this season...

regards - Jim
http://www.AtlanticGuardian.org

BD Equipment Manager - 1983-1989
Argonne Rebels, horn assistant, 1979
Founder - Atlantic Guardian Drum Corps - 2001-2006

Post subject: Well.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:09 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I guess I will have to see them in person and see how they work on the field- I have to admit I like the colors on the uniforms, just not so sure about the style. I can say that some of the outfits appear not to flatter the person's physique( at least last year's were not so skin tight). And I am wondering how strong the Cavies guard is this year (Phantom's guard beat them last night)- either that or Phantom has a great guard this year(they are usually pretty good anyhow). As for a man in a skin tight uniform, if he looks good..I like all the bulges in the right place :-)

On another note.....The Blue Devils have had ugly guard uniforms(Send in the Clowns should be Blue Devils- not SCV) since who knows when, but for the fact that their guard is always really good along with the rest of the corps...no one says anything about it..

I guess it all boils down to personal taste.

Post subject: Re: Well.....
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:01 am 
All Star
All Star

Quote:
As for a man in a skin tight uniform, if he looks good..I like all the bulges in the right place :-)

That's a little more information than I needed to know about your preferences.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Double standard piece of work
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:59 am 
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting, you had no problem with Phantom Phan's mention of bulges. Hmmmm just a little homophobic are we? I would say YES!!!!! :twisted: From a psychoanalytic point of view, this makes me think certain things about you,,of course no different than your usual flippant comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:24 pm 
All Star
All Star

Call me what you want. . .think what you want about me. I couldn't care any less than I do. I do however wish to read and participate in this board without reading comments about how you enjoy the men you look at. No, I did not find Phantom Phan's comments offensive; a man is supposed to enjoy the way women look. If that makes me a homophobe, then so be it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:48 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Greetings Brother Bodine!

I don't think their comments about your thoughts are accusing you of being homophobic as much as they are of being politically incorrect. The politically correct always trumpet "Inclusion" and "Accepting All People's Beliefs" UNTIL you disagree with them. Then they start screaming "Racist!" or "Homophobe!" or "Sexist/Sexual Harrasssment!" and then the weak-willed leaders of the organization do their dirty work for them by silencing the politically incorrect through expulsion from school or temination from their job. Look at any college campust today and you'll see what I mean. I work for the Dept. Of Defense now and as a heterosexual male of Northern European Descent, I have no First Amendment Rights at all, on or off duty! I worked with gays in both the music and drama departments at Northwestern State U of LA, your school's old arch-rival. We worked together, drank beer after classes, shot pool and yukked it up at the clubs and neither side made an issue of it-they weren't better than me because they were gay and vice-versa. However, the politically correct, though they constantly scream about equality, have elevated certain groups to a higher status than the politically incorrect.
Email me sometime willya? I want to update you on my 4-year-old Vanguard fan. Hope you're online for the next DCI championship finals so we can once again trade comments and reviews of each show and let's hope they revert to the original format and NOT the farce they called finals last year!

ALL HAIL!

Bill Trusty (Gamma Rho)

wltrusty@mepotelco.net

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 6:58 pm 
All Star
All Star

Hail, Brother Bill :D !

Thanks for your comments.

I agree. . .it is not so much about homophobia (which I am far from homophobic) but more that my comments were un-pc. Sorry, but again I could not care less. If it is un-pc for me to voice my dislike, then it should be un-pc to air such in a public forum such as this. The matter should be put to rest anyway. This forum is not about male body parts, homophobia, ogling others, or such things.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi Mike!
Still cheering for BAC, and hope the Scouts make it back into the top 12 as well, think the Cavies will 4-peat?

OAS, AAS, LLS!
Bill Trusty

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:42 am 
Veteran
Veteran

I will let both of you have your words speak for themselves- You both have just let your ignorance shine through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:58 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

You must obviously be P.C. , because you are starting to hurl insults since I was so un-P.C. to disagree with your beliefs- a popular P.C. person tactic. P.C. is not what this discussion board is about. I have not seen the Cavie's guard(if you can call them that) uniforms, but from the comments I've heard, if you put roller skates and a helmet on them, they'd look like the old roller derby players from the 60s and early 70s.

OAS, AAS, LLS!
Bill Trusty

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:24 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Come on guys....it's time for a group hug!
:cheers: :)(:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Please
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:18 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Keep watching the O'Reilly Factor so you can keep on not thinking for yourself :-) And how many Fox News t-shirts do you own?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next