Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blue Devils Guard '03
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:51 am 
Support Staff
Support Staff

OK from what I have been noticing with BD's guard so far is that they are "tearing up the house!" Their scores reflect a much refined guard compared to last year....and last years was awesome to me! Should prove to be very interesting the final week of Championships......and I'll be there to witness this great battle of some of the best DCI has to offer! :compute:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:22 am 
Soloist
Soloist

Yes you can definately say much more refined. In fact I would say much more "understated" than in the last 5 years or so. They are very clean and the uniforms are not flashy or overly sexy or outlandish. They really seem to put everyones focus more on the music (especially the drumline).

There is one neat part in their last piece where there are 8 or so counts of silence between phrases of music. What is cool is all you can hear is the swoosh of flags during one silent part and then just the clack of rifles (if I recall correctly) during another silent part. That is a great feature for the guard.

If DCI won't do it, then WE have to do it...
Support Open Class Corps!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:30 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Maggie wrote:
Yes you can definately say much more refined. In fact I would say much more "understated" than in the last 5 years or so. They are very clean and the uniforms are not flashy or overly sexy or outlandish. They really seem to put everyones focus more on the music (especially the drumline).

There is one neat part in their last piece where there are 8 or so counts of silence between phrases of music. What is cool is all you can hear is the swoosh of flags during one silent part and then just the clack of rifles (if I recall correctly) during another silent part. That is a great feature for the guard.

Awesome Maggie! I know LancerFi will love to hear that "clack" of the rifle line...looking forward to seeing them!
Hey, do look for us at finals, we'll be there too for semis in the same seats.....section 331 row N. She has seat 12 and I have 14, but we are going to make the person in 13 switch or else! :lol:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I'm crazy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:58 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

about Carolina Crowns rifles with the bells on them this year.

So, glad they made top twelve at SA..is a great show.

Post subject: Re: I'm crazy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:49 pm 
Support Staff
Support Staff

Mellowed wrote:
about Carolina Crowns rifles with the bells on them this year.

So, glad they made top twelve at SA..is a great show.

Ya know when I saw them in June, I was sooooo impressed by the improvement in one year's time. The whole guard IMO was gorgeous! I loved the flags and the bells on the rifles........pure genious! :wink:

Profile E-mail