Michael Boo's top five guard.

Discussion topics unique to the art of colorguard

Moderator: The Moderating Team

BigBird
Rookie
Rookie

Michael Boo's top five guard.

Post by BigBird » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 am

We know it's his opinion (possibly), but was surprised 27 didn't make it. Three from the 90's and none for the last decade? Hmmm.

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Re: Michael Boo's top five guard.

Post by Jim Anello » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:04 pm

Makes for great discussion. I could see arguements for at least three other guards being in that mix - 27th Lancers, some of the Gary Brubaker Cavies guards, and the early eighties Sal Salas guards of the Madison Scouts. It's almost impossible to compare them, though, because what was/is allowed on the sheets has changed so much over years.

Honorable Mention: The Anaheim Kingsmen rifles of 1972-74. Oh my goodness!
Jim Anello

cavies79
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Michael Boo's top five guard.

Post by cavies79 » Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 am

Jim Anello wrote:Makes for great discussion. I could see arguements for at least three other guards being in that mix - 27th Lancers, some of the Gary Brubaker Cavies guards, and the early eighties Sal Salas guards of the Madison Scouts. It's almost impossible to compare them, though, because what was/is allowed on the sheets has changed so much over years.

Honorable Mention: The Anaheim Kingsmen rifles of 1972-74. Oh my goodness!

Yes, I would pick some of Steve Brubaker's Cavies guards. Definitely Madison, when Sal was there, too. Others I would consider include 27th, Northstar (1979,80), and several of the 2000s Cavies guards.
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas