Guess who just scored tomfloat.com ME!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion covering all aspects of drum corps percussion

Moderator: The Moderating Team

cbielich
New Recruit
New Recruit

Guess who just scored tomfloat.com ME!!!!!!!!!!

Post by cbielich » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:14 pm

I cant believe that he never bought his domain, well I am going to make it a forums like this just for drummer only :)

Kimberly
All Star
All Star

Post by Kimberly » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:35 pm

Please don't do that. He deserves to have access to his name, and if he chooses not to, that's his right, too.

After a feud with a guy over something stupid, he bought several versions of my full name, along with a couple of other people's names, renews them every time they expire, and has told us in a letter that if we ever run for higher office or go for a great job, he'll set up websites telling the world how horrible we are. It feels so violating knowing that he has them.

There's also a law saying that you can't have access to someone else's name. If you're not Tom Float, be a gentleman and release the domain name that is his name.

Set up your drum forum using another name. That's the only decent and proper thing to do.

Kimberly

rysa4
All Star
All Star

Post by rysa4 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:16 pm

Hi OP. Just call him and ask him if its OK. He might be okay with it or might want to be involved.

jmackay
New Recruit
New Recruit

tom float

Post by jmackay » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:25 pm

Dude: I think you had better listen to Kimberly and realize that Float is pretty computer savy and would understand all of the implications. If your own name doesn't carry enough weight be creative. It's not like sites like this get tons of hits anyways.

Furthar, you should have enough respect for a man like Tom and not try to ride his coat tail for a name. If you marched for him you would already know what his response would be and have more respect !!!!!!!

Oh, I like the "O P" comment too, rysa.
Jeff MacKay B.A., B.Ed

Optimist lancers 73 - 76
Oakland Crusaders 77 - 80
Bayonne Bridgemen 82

Oshawa Rebels, Oakland Crusaders,
Emerald Knights, West Coast Cadets,
Guelph Royalaires, Kingston Grenadiers