1 Carolina Crown 75.950

2 The Cadets 72.900

3 The Cavaliers 72.450

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chesapeake, VA - Saturday, June 19, 2010
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:52 pm 
New Recruit
New Recruit

Here's an old guys opinion of the scoring of the show last night in Chesapeake. I don't think the 3 point spread justifiable. My take in the first round was: The Cadets trying to go old school (guard is even in cadet style uni first half of the show) and it didn't work. Almost an "it was a good idea at the time" moment. No real wow factor - and yep I know it is early; The Cavaliers were basically lack luster and on a we're not real sure kinda keel - guard moments (to me and I'm a drummer so I'm sure I don't know what I'm talking about here) were way too slow to develop. I did like the closer but everything else just kinda sat there; Crown was to me 3 minutes of boredom surrounded by 9 minutes of good drum corps. Last minute and 15 seconds not performed so show ended way abruptly. To me the placement should have been Crown, Cadets, Cavaliers - all within a point, maybe point and a half. Second time thru Cavies went on first and what a difference 45 minutes makes. They brought some heat with battery seemingly to be "on fire'. In fact the whole corps seemed to be much better 2nd time around. On my part, confusion turned to interest and I can't wait to see them at East; Cadets 2nd time thru also were much better - I got it. Really liked the battery and whole corps seemed to give a much better performance. I liked the entire act and I haven't said that about Cadets for a long time; Crown performance the 2nd time thru was IMMHO 3 minutes of boredom surrounded by 9 minutes of bad drum corps. What Cavies and Cadets gained the second time thru was lost by Crown and placement to me should have been Cadets, Cavaliers, Crown. However unlike the Allentown show the night before only one set of scores was announced and we the crowd were not informed if the scores were from the first show, the second show or an average. In any event the spread should have not been 3 points. Just thought I'd share.

The Hud
Young Americans
Snare
1966 - 1972

Profile E-mail